Re: [adie_syndrome] Eyes

  • Cathy Sonnenberg
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2003
      As far as I know it is permanent, I have been diagnosed for a little over two years now, and just last year was diagnosed with sjogren's syndrome also. I read a report a while ago that stated sometimes sjogren's syndrome is sometimes preceded by adie's pupil. However, that is not always the case.

      Cathy

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 19 6:02 AM

      • SugarPlumGinger6@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007
          In a message dated 4/4/2007 6:52:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, elaineha08@... writes:
          How you finding it?
          It was really annoying at first until my 3rd Doc visit, he explained it all to me.
          GIGI

          See what's free at AOL.com.
        • Trish
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007
            You might as well get used to it because it's probably never going to go away. I've been dealing with it now for 6 years.

            Trish

            elaine <elaineha08@...> wrote:
            Hello there

            I have been diagnosed a month now, saw my eye doctor today actually.  i feel fine about it, i know it is not life threatening, yes a little uncomfortable at times, but all in all not that hampering to my day to life.   The only thing i don't like is, noone can tell me how long it will last, and we cannot tell at the moment if the other eye will become affected.

            How you finding it?

            I just found out a few weeks ago about my eye !!
            What are your feelings with this syndrome?
            Anything you want to share with me I would love to hear it.

            GiGi

            always stay connected to friends.

          • Sherry Parks
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 4, 2007
              I have been dealing with it for  10+ years now (right eye)... now, within the last year it is showing up in my left eye....  I have totally given up driving after dark now - the oncoming headlights just totally blind me in my right eye.
              Sherry
              You might as well get used to it because it's probably never going to go away. I've been dealing with it now for 6 years.

              Trish

            • lucy gleeson
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007
                hi,
                i find it gets easier - i don't let it control me and
                it only plays me up when i'm tired. the pupil works
                better than it used to. it seems everyones situation
                is different. good luck.
                xx
                --- Sherry Parks <cheroke77@...> wrote:

                > I have been dealing with it for 10+ years now
                > (right eye)... now, within the last year it is
                > showing up in my left eye.... I have totally given
                > up driving after dark now - the oncoming headlights
                > just totally blind me in my right eye.
                > Sherry

                All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
              • elaine
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007
                  Thanks for that Cathy,

                  i was only diagnosed 2 months ago, and they only said it would take months to heal (if at all), i don't see how it will go away though, I'll take a look at the sjogren's syndrome now.

                  regards

                  Elaine

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 5, 2007
                    Hi Lucy

                    thansks for that, i agree, i dont let it control me, and it mostly only
                    plays up if i am tired or have been reading a lot, i am having more problems
                    with my Achilles Heel - which is Holmes Adie, i am a runner, so that could
                    be the cause, but it flared up from nothing.

                    >From: lucy gleeson <lucygleeson1uk@...>
                    >To: adie_syndrome@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [adie_syndrome] Eyes
                    >Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:24:24 +0100 (BST)
                    >
                    >hi,
                    >i find it gets easier - i don't let it control me and
                    >it only plays me up when i'm tired. the pupil works
                    >better than it used to. it seems everyones situation
                    >is different. good luck.
                    >xx
                    >--- Sherry Parks <cheroke77@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I have been dealing with it for 10+ years now
                    > > (right eye)... now, within the last year it is
                    > > showing up in my left eye.... I have totally given
                    > > up driving after dark now - the oncoming headlights
                    > > just totally blind me in my right eye.
                    > > Sherry

                    https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/
                  • lucy gleeson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 7, 2007
                      hi elaine,
                      maybe it is something that would have happened anyway?
                      good luck with it - sounds like you have a great job!