Re: [adie_syndrome] Alternative Treatments

  • MStafford
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2006
      I always thought I had Adie syndrome (since 1992). According the these two
      links, I have all three symptoms so would actually have Ross Syndrome.

      http://www.medic8.com/neurological-disorders/holmes-adie.htm

      http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/awl175v1
    • Rebecca Borchardt
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2006
        Thanks for that information. I am going to check into
        it further, because lately, within the past yr -
        yr&1/2, I have been sweating, which I have never done
        before. I decided it was menopause, combined with the
        medication I was on. I went off the medication, which
        helped some, but I still sweat a lot. The kind where
        my face drips when I do anything a little bit
        strenuous.....also, many years ago, I was told I had
        plantar fasciitus, because of pain in my heels and the
        bottom of my feet. My foot problems haven't bothered
        me for a number of years, but recently have started
        bothering me again, and I have an appointment to see a
        foot doctor on Tuesday. Now I'm wondering if this has
        something to do with Ross syndrome as described in the
        link. I will take this info along to the doctor on
        Tuesday.....
        Becky

        --- MStafford <Mstafford220@...> wrote:

        > I always thought I had Adie syndrome (since 1992).
        > According the these two
        > links, I have all three symptoms so would actually
        > have Ross Syndrome.

        http://www.medic8.com/neurological-disorders/holmes-adie.htm

        http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/awl175v1

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • cstrienen
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14, 2006
          --- In adie_syndrome@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Borchardt
          <becca_b55352@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for that information. I am going to check into
          > it further, because lately, within the past yr -
          > yr&1/2, I have been sweating, which I have never done
          > before. I decided it was menopause, combined with the
          > medication I was on. I went off the medication, which
          > helped some, but I still sweat a lot. The kind where
          > my face drips when I do anything a little bit
          > strenuous.....also, many years ago, I was told I had
          > plantar fasciitus, because of pain in my heels and the
          > bottom of my feet. My foot problems haven't bothered
          > me for a number of years, but recently have started
          > bothering me again, and I have an appointment to see a
          > foot doctor on Tuesday. Now I'm wondering if this has
          > something to do with Ross syndrome as described in the
          > link. I will take this info along to the doctor on
          > Tuesday.....
          > Becky
          >
          > --- MStafford <Mstafford220@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I always thought I had Adie syndrome (since 1992).
          > > According the these two
          > > links, I have all three symptoms so would actually
          > > have Ross Syndrome.
          > >

          > http://www.medic8.com/neurological-disorders/holmes-adie.htm
          > >

          > http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/awl175v1
          > >

          > > So i must have ROSS syndrome also i guess. It doesn't make it any
          better though to know that, because there is no cure, not even for
          the sweating, maybe BOTOX?

          Wherever do you need the reflexes for?