New Member w/ questions!!!

  • mama4fabia
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2005

      I just found this website tonite, and hope to get more answers than I ever got from a Doctor!

      I was diagnosed with this in 1999. I woke up one morning after a bout with the flu, looked in the mirror to put make up on, and there it was! My eye Dr. told me what it was and that it would settle down in about 6 months and stay at whatever size it would be at that time. NOPE...Still changes daily, but most of the time it is dialated. I have since been diagnosed (2003) with a new ailment, Trigeminal Neuralgia. I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia back in 1995. I guess my nervous system is faulty, to say the least!

      Now my first question is, do any of you have pain in your affected eye? Mine aften aches, but sometimes it is sharp pain, and I often feel like someone is trying to pull it out of my face!  I had these problems before I was afflicted by the Trigeminal Neuralgia, so I do not feel that is the problem.

      Second question: Is there any increased occurence of Cataracts in affected eyes?

      I really look forward to learning more about this, from people who also live with this. It seems likely to be more reliable info than from Doctors!

    • Trisha Marie
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2005
        I get pain in my eye sometimes. Mostly when I've pushed it to the limit cause I just don't want to wear my eye patch. Thats when it's time to let my eye rest.
        Trish.

        mama4fabia <pgretire@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Deb and Dennis Gerondale Sr