Re: [adie_syndrome] Digest Number 408

  • Robert Batey
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2005
      Dear Linda,

      Sorry for the delay in answering I have been travelling and didnt have access
      The contact lens was made by my optician , as you say it has a fixed pupil , this linits the light into the eye and saves headaches etc.

      Try this , bug some rich tea biscuits and look throught the small hole with your bad eye your vision will be much improved , in fact if you look througe a pinhole you will probably be able to read with your bad eye.

      This was the theory behind the light limiting contact lens,

      Regards

      Bob

      LW <LWinOly@...> wrote:

      Hi Bob.  I am curious about the contact you tried.  Was it a soft contact, that covered up most of the iris color and enlarged pupil, leaving just a small opening for the pupil to see through?  How long ago did you do this, and which lab did your eye doctor go through?

      Thanks, Linda

         Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:12:40 +0100 (BST)
         From: Robert Batey <bobbikesandantiques@...>
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 407

      My Dear Girl,

      Getting angry will not help, we all know the frustration this condition
      brings but you can live with it .

      One positive thing you can consider is special contact lens with a
      restricted pupil ( Same colour as your eye but the pupil is small , this
      restricts the ammount of light getting into the eye and gives marginly
      better sight and can in some cases help reduce migraine.
      This is something I did years ago but now live life without it and dont
      even consider the condition kind of forget about it and its no longer a
      big problem
      Remember when you have a tiny spot on your nose ,you are going for a
      first date , you look in the mirror and the small spot looks like a
      volcano on your nose --- something like that

      If nothing else hope I have made you smile

      Best Regards

      Bob Batey

    • MStafford