Re: [adie_syndrome] Wearing Varifocals w. Adies syndrome in both eyes.

  • Sue McGuinness
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2005
      Hi
      I have three pairs of glasses (and one prescription pair of sunglasses
      which are VERY dark), I couldn't use varifocals because the size of my
      pupil was so erratic that sometimes it was covering both parts of the
      varifocal lens.  Its a pain having so many pairs of glasses but at least
      I can see!  I have Adies in both eyes, but one of my eyes  has
      practically non-existent sight so there is just a balance lens in the glasses.
      The worst thing is the light, the sunglasses are the best thing I ever
      bought.
      Hope this helps
      Sue

      sdoap <sdoap@...> wrote:
      Hi I am fairly new to this diagnosis of adies in both eyes and have
      also been struggling w. 3rd nerve facial syndrome or trigeminal
      neuralgia (Originally thought to be sinusitis.) I have 4 pairs of
      glasses and am trying to be painfree.  I am told that adies is a benign
      condition and I should be coping better.  Accupuncture to the left side
      of my face is helping to a limited extent.  Have any of you had success
      w. varifocals and does this condition get better?
      Any input wld be most gratefully received.
      Rgds
      Sdoap