News Reporting on Afsal Guru - Is our Press Not Free To Publish Truth ?

  • Col NR Kurup
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009

      Netyzens may be  aware of contents of  following message  titled "Who owns the media in India ?" in circulation since months: Its non-denial from any corner increases its truth probability. This may or may not be true.

      NDTV:  is reported as funded by Gospels of Charity in Spain Supports Communism. .

      India Today: is now bought by NDTV!!

      CNN-IBN: is reported as funded by Southern Baptist Church, .

      Times group [list:Times Of India, Mid-Day, Nav-Bharth Times, Stardust, Femina, Vijay Times,
      Vijaya Karnataka, Times now (24- hour news channel) and many more..].is reported as owned by Bennet & Coleman. 'World Christian Council does 80
      percent of the Funding, and an Englishman and an Italian  Robertio Mindo, a close relative of  Ms Sonia Gandhi equally share balance 20 percent

      Star TV:  is reported as run by an Australian, who is supported by St. PetersPontifical Church Melbourne .

      Hindustan Times:  is reported as owned by Birla Group, but hands have changed since Shobana Bhartiya took over. Presently it is reported as working in Collaboration with Times Group.

      The Hindu: It  is reported that  it has been recently takenover by Joshua Society, Berne , Switzerland .. .......'s wife is a Swissnational.

      Indian Express: is reported as divided into two groups. The Indian Express and new IndianExpress (southern edition) ACTS Christian Ministries have major stake inthe Indian Express and latter is still with the Indian counterpart.

      The Statesman: Is reported as controlled by Communist Party of India.

      Asian Age and Deccan Chronicle: is reported as owned by a Saudi Arabian Company with its chief Editor M.J. Akbar.

      The ownership explains the control of media in India by foreigners and ......... The  result is obvious. WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA  are told  only what the media want them to kinow. News inconvenient to the controllers ceased to be a news.

           It is unbelievable that Indian Democracy thus turning into a mockery of democracy.. A typical example is the the case of Convict Afsal Guru. Some of us may be remembering my posting  of 17 August 2009 in this forum titled "Afsal Guru's Case Is Not Pending with Rashtrapathi Bhavan"

             I received quite a few telephonic  and e-mail enquiries from Media corresondent showing keenness to know the details   One of  the most popular Malayalam News paper "Mathrubhumy" of Kerala was   keen  to publish it first but did not publish it despite providing with copies of the entire correspo ndence. . I gave the news to the  Hindu Correspondent also offering to give  details if require. There was a frantic call from a female corespondent of PTI from Delhi with demand for scanned copies of most of the correspondence. Surprisinginly nothing came out as if there was a WIP from forbidding its publication. The excuse later advanced by the PTI (Delhi) correspondence after obtaining copies of all letter from me was astonishing..  If not the hard facts about non-execution of Afsal Guru, our Hon'ble Home Minister's incorrect statement that the  case is pending as 22nd in the waiting for its turn when the Rashtrapathy Bhavan reply that Afsal Guru himself has not made any mercy petition, that peition was sent by them to Home Ministry on the same day and only two cases are pending with Home Ministry etc., etc., ., should have been covered by any of the media.  Are WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA  and those laid down their lives while fighting against the attackers not entitled at least to know the truth ? .

      .

    • Parvez Jamasji
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
        Most of The Truth is SECRET !

        ALL Sarkari FAILURES & GOOF-UPS fall under OSA
        WHO will ravel them ?

        Remaining Truth is family Secret - like Family Jewels, who will reveal their place ?

        PS :babu misleads Home Minister, HM misleads Citizens : Misleading, Aug 2008

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
          Dear Col. Kurup,
          Let us restrict ourselves to issues relevant to the purpose of this group.

          Still, a quick response to dispel your fears - FDI of only 26% is allowed in print media and 49% in broadcasting services. (Source: http://www.ibef.org/economy/fdi.aspx)

          It hardly takes a few minutes to search the internet to find this information.

          Absence of denial when the accusation is outrageous (or the accused are unaware of the charges) does not automatically make the denial the truth, does it?

          We have a bigger problem with our media than FDI - due to fear of losing advertising revenue, many have not been publishing news that could damage their clients.

          Thank you.

          Respectfully,
          -- Srinivas