NSG officer injured in Mumbai operations left to rot (Why are we silent?)

  • ashraf
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
      1. There is an Army officer who was very good, tough and commando type.Capt AK Singh . He wanted to go to NSG. Becoz of his strong
      desire, his unit relented and the officer was deputed to 51 SAG in NSG early last year.

      2. On 27 Nov, he was one of those sent to Mumbai for dealing with the
      terrorists. Launched straight into operations in the Oberoi Hotel, he established contact with one of the terrorists on the 18th floor at 1800 hr that day. Since the terrorist was holed up inside a room, they blasted the door open. However before they could throw a grenade inside, the terrorist threw a grenade outside. The grenade burst right in front of the officer and with splinter injuries all over, he fell unconscious. He was the only offr to be injured
      in the complete operations (other than Maj Unnikrishnan - who is no more).

      3. He was operated upon in a hospital in Mumbai and all splinters removed from his body -- less one. That splinter had pierced the left eye and destroyed it completely. It cannot even be replaced with a donor eye. No news, no media coverage, not even a mention in the press statements.

      4. The offr is now alone, in ' Bombay Hospital ' with the left eye still bleeding and the NSG people have all gone back to Delhi . He does not know how he will be treated further or what will happen to him. He is crying "Save my eye! I want to continue to serve in army". There is nobody from the NSG to console him. His parents don't know who to turn to for help. The CO of the NSG Bn, an army officer himself, mind you, has not met him or even spoken to him
      till 01 Dec. When the matter was brought to the notice of other officer of the NSG, he called up the offr and started off not by asking him how he is but "do not give any interview or statement to anyone".

      5. Ridiculous! If this can happen to an officer, what must be happening to men. If this can happen to those who were hailed by the nation as heroes, what must be happening to others. Whatever the intention may be, downplay casualties or whatever, is this the way NSG treats its people. Like cannon fodder.

      6. Fortunately, his Army regiment is located close to Mumbai and they have mobilised to help him. After all, He is Their OFFICER. The Unfortunate part is they can't save his eye and can't get him any official recognition.

      7. Your advice / guidance is this respect is solicited, without harming the officer's relation with his bosses in NSG.

      8. The feeling of other officers of his Army Regiment is - 'Be a leader, lead from the front, have initiative, be courageous and bold but don't get injured. DIE INSTEAD!! Becoz if you survive, you will die a thousand deaths every day.
    • Bimal Khemani
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
        I SALUTE CAPT. A.K. SINGH FOR HIS BRAVERY

        AT THE SAME TIME SEND MY ANGER FOR THE BUREACRATES AND THE HIGHER OFFICERS FOR THEIR ILL TREATMENT FOR THE BRAVERY OF MR. SINGH.

        The shameless MP's should die of shame

        On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 02:10:59 +0530 wrote
        >1. There is an Army officer who was very good, tough and commando type.Capt AK Singh . He wanted to go to NSG. Becoz of his strong
        >desire, his unit relented and the officer was deputed to 51 SAG in NSG early last year.
        >
        >2. On 27 Nov, he was one of those sent to Mumbai for dealing with the
        >terrorists. Launched straight into operations in the Oberoi Hotel, he established contact with one of the terrorists on the 18th floor at 1800 hr that day. Since the terrorist was holed up inside a room, they blasted the door open. However before they could throw a grenade inside, the terrorist threw a grenade outside. The grenade burst right in front of the officer and with splinter injuries all over, he fell unconscious. He was the only offr to be injured
        >in the complete operations (other than Maj Unnikrishnan - who is no more).
        >
        >3. He was operated upon in a hospital in Mumbai and all splinters removed from his body -- less one. That splinter had pierced the left eye and destroyed it completely. It cannot even be replaced with a donor eye. No news, no media coverage, not even a mention in the press statements.
        >
        >4. The offr is now alone, in ' Bombay Hospital ' with the left eye still bleeding and the NSG people have all gone back to Delhi . He does not know how he will be treated further or what will happen to him. He is crying "Save my eye! I want to continue to serve in army". There is nobody from the NSG to console him. His parents don't know who to turn to for help. The CO of the NSG Bn, an army officer himself, mind you, has not met him or even spoken to him
        >till 01 Dec. When the matter was brought to the notice of other officer of the NSG, he called up the offr and started off not by asking him how he is but "do not give any interview or statement to anyone".
        >
        >5. Ridiculous! If this can happen to an officer, what must be happening to men. If this can happen to those who were hailed by the nation as heroes, what must be happening to others. Whatever the intention may be, downplay casualties or whatever, is this the way NSG treats its people. Like cannon fodder.
        >
        >6. Fortunately, his Army regiment is located close to Mumbai and they have mobilised to help him. After all, He is Their OFFICER. The Unfortunate part is they can't save his eye and  can't get him any official recognition.
        >
        >7. Your advice / guidance is this respect is solicited, without harming the officer's relation with his bosses in NSG.
        >
        >8. The feeling of other officers of his Army Regiment is - 'Be a leader, lead from the front, have initiative, be courageous and bold but don't get injured. DIE INSTEAD!! Becoz if you survive, you will die a thousand deaths every day.

        BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI

        member TRAP ,

        TRANSPARENT REELIABLE ACCOUNTABLE PEOPLE’S MOVEMENT

        Saha-Prant Sangathan Mantri,

        AKHIL BHARATIYA GRAHAK PANCHAYAT BRAJ PRANT,

        2/40D, Janakpuri, Marrish Road,

        ALIGARH-202001. INDIA

        Phone:0571-2401557, MOB:-09359724625

        e.mail: bimal.khemani@...

      • arvind midha
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
          We salute this brave officer.Lets pray  that his damaged eye too will be set right.Pl convey our best wishes to Capt,Singh for his heroic action to defend all of us.

          arvind midha

[...]

          Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel Click here!