A complicated problem

  • paulogoes2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 1:11 PM
      I've a frameset containing 2 frames. In one of these (frame #1) there
      are dynamic generated links pointing to some web pages which should be
      displayed in the other frame that acts as a target (frame #2). As
      expected, the pages displayed in the target #2 have their own links
      which, in turn, point to others pages as well.
      The intention is display any accessed page in the same frame (#2),
      regardless whether it is accessed via links in frame #1 or via links
      available in the page displayed in frame #2.
      The problem is: when accessing some sites, they are displayed in a
      separated browser window. I'd like to determine how many windows are
      currently opened in order to know whether or not a new window is
      opened/created when an onClick or onChange event is triggered. Once it
      has occured, the page shown in the new (undesireable) browser window
      should be brought into frame #2 and its window destroyed.

      Thanks in advance
      Paulo
    • Monique Van Hooreweder
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 11:30 AM
        Hello,

        - I have too little experience with javascript to help you, if you don't find a solution in this group, just try at the javascript thread of Killersites' forum. One of the subscribers, a webdesigner, as far as I know helps everybody.
        http://www.killersites.com/mvnforum/mvnforum/index

        - At the subject of frames I have a problem also, although it isn't related immediately with javascript. E.g. I have frame1=menu en frame2=biggest part of the page at the right side, the target. I would like to have the menu in two different languages, but in stead the second menu replaces the first when clicking on a link to change language, it always opens in the other frame at the right side, the target thus. I don't know how to keep those menus at their place at the left side.

        - Is there further anybody who knows how to use a script of next shape as a body background (with preference in CSS):
        <script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.......js"></script>

        The script performs dropplets falling on the body background image I want to stay under a table that acts as layer for my site.

        The js file itself is about a page of length.

        Thanks.
        Monique.

        paulogoes2002 <paulogoes2002@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT