Re: [adamsmotor] Adams motor

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 4 9:55 PM
      Hi Colin,
      I would take it to be DC resistance,  that is what Robert worked on everywhere else in his designs.
      Regards Russel

      On 5/03/2013 4:00 p.m., Colin Jamieson wrote:

      Hi Russel, you mentioned that the load should have twice the resistance of the gen coils, is that dc resistance or impedance, if its impedance it might account for me getting more power out at a slower speed, maybe when the reactance drops the resistance matches my load, regards Colin

      From: Russel Prier <russelp@...>
      To: adamsmotor@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, 3, March, 2013, 5:43 PM

      Hi Colin,

      Over the years Robert used different materials to make his rotors out of but in the end he settled on Micarta Laminate which is like thick Formica.  It is quite expensive and hard but is very strong and stable.  It is quite dense and heavy.  I cannot comment on the exact details of the circuit he used as he never showed me that but I never heard any mention of shorting the drive coils.  Bedini in his preferred Bedini Cole circuit isolates the drive coils on both sides when they are not turned on but Robert did not think that was necessary and did not use that technique from what I can remember.

      Regards
      Russel

      On3/03/2013 11:29 a.m., Colin Jamieson wrote:

      Russel, can you tell me if Robert Adams used shorting techniques on his drive coils or made use of a flywheel, I'm quessing that maybe the rotor it self had enough weight in to act as a flywheel, cheers Colin

      From: Russel Prier <russelp@...>
      To: adamsmotor@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, 3, February, 2013, 10:19 PM

      HiColin,

      Very breifly the motor works the same but and as the magnet passes the iron pole peice there is a magnetic reversal takes place but because there is more energy in the coil because of the applied voltage on attaction there is a much greater switch to repulsion and bigger back EMF pulse as well.  This is a very brief summary of the description John Bedini gave as to why he runs his motor generators this way but I will have to reread the book to give you a more detailed descritoin of what is happening in the motor.

      Regards
      Russel

      On3/02/2013 9:10 a.m., Colin Jamieson wrote:

      HiRussel, I've been thinking about what you said in your email about running the motor in attraction mode, I don,t quite get it. the magnets on the rotor are attracted to the iron cores of the drive coils and then at register a current is supplied to produce opposite poles for repulsion or just enough current to counteract the sticking point. If current was to be supplied to drive coils to caused the magnets on rotor to be attracted, then current would have stop at register and then current  reversed to stop magnets sticking to core, or the drive coils cores would have to be a nonmagnetic material not iron, Can you please explain the procedure for attraction mode. kind regards Colin

      From: Russel Prier <russelp@...

      HiColin,

      Thanks for your new yer good wishes.  I hope you have a great year as well and all the other experimenters too.  Your experimenting is going well.  Just before Christmas i downloaded Bedinis new book on the SG and SSG motor of his.  One of the interesting things that came out of it was that running the motor side if it in attraction mode instead of repulsion mode gave a much higher BEF spike.  It is quite possible Robert was also doing this because if it worked he would have done it as he tried every concievable combination.  The Thermo motor was run in repulsion but it does not mean that the Adams motor was run that way.  By operating in repulsion mode yu can have a self starting motor but the Adams motor was not a self starter so it is very likely that is was run in attraction mode..

      If you are on the right track and it sounds like you are the output is probably a mixture of BEMF and radiant energy.  This will change the chemical makeup internally of caps and batteries and improve there perfomance over time.  It will also strengthen the magnets.  Negative energy as opposed to positive energy is constructive as opposed to destructive and also has many health benifits.  Positive energy has many health risks as people are finding out with Cancers and Luekemia's due to the damage to cells it causes particullarly AC which causes the water molecules to spin constantly and makes it difficult for cells to process water through the membrain walls where they have to pass through in a particular orientation.  DC and pulsed DC is less problematical to human life.

      When the air is very dry caps in good condition can self charge from static electricity in the air or eviroment but this sounds like it is very much related to the type of charge you are getting from your motor.
      This gets more interesting by the email, Great work.

      Regards and best wishes,
      Russel

      On1/02/2013 5:12 p.m., Colin Jamieson wrote:

      HiRussel,hope the new year is turning out ok for you, have you had a chance to check out that circuit of mine? you have probably been too busy, I thought I would touch base with and tell you some of the things that have happenned. I now am using a unregulated power supply and boy there is a major drop in drive current. Also I have bemf gain, the input to the Adams motor is dc so I can accurately measure the input current and voltage, I'm using the back emf to drive a 1 watt bulb and the input is .809watt, when the bulb is lighted the voltage is still climbing so bemf is a bit over 1 watt which is slightly more than I'm getting from my Gen coils but at the moment there is only 2 gen coils. The dc converter I'm using to step up drive voltage, the output transistors of it get quite warm and they both have desent size heatsinks so there would be a bit of wastage there, the converter is suppose to be 94% efficient. The switching Fet of adams motor which the converter supplies is cool and the switching Fet has no heatsink at all.
       The cap that gets charged from the bemf seems to recharge itself, when I stop the motor and power is disconnected the bulb lights up on and off for about 20mins.
      A lot of articles I have read about the Adams motor talk about how gravity is involved and weight getting less, I notice that when water is drained from a sink or container it always goes in anticlock spiral, my adams motor goes clockwise so I thought I would make it spin anticlock, well the speed increase by 200 rpm but I think because the rotor now sees the gen coils first that maybe the reason, cheers Colin