Re: building one

  • ronmathenyjr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2005
      --- In adamsmotor@yahoogroups.com, "ronmathenyjr" <ronmathenyjr@y...>
      wrote:

      > Started this project in Jan of 05. Want to have completed by years
      > end. Made A plastic stator housing about 21 and 1/4 inches inside
      > diamater. Made my own mags for stator and purchased mags for rotor.
      > Currently working on commutor for firing stator mags. Any thoughts or
      > suggestions would be appreciated. I do not have any knowledge in
      > electronics but have purchased A study book and am learning.
      ron My stator mags are homemade. Four of them. They are made of #
      22 guage wire with an average of 1150 wraps. My meter showed A
      resistance "in ohms" of 40 to 45 in each of them. I installed them
      into the housing "plastic" and now have two of them wired together. My
      resistance is now 19 to 20 ohms. I expected this to be around 80 to 90
      ohms. Did I do somthing wrong, or is this the way electronics work?
      Help me if you can, still want to fire this thing up by years end.
      Thanks ron
    • wally88ar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2005
        You connected the coils in parallel.
        If you want 80 ohms then connect them in series.