Re: [adamsmotor] Confused either Pulsed Motor, Adam Motor, or Bedini Motor

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2011
      Hi Windu,

      Robert used a lot of different switching methods Digital encoder is best.  Also many switching methods,  star wheel is good but causes drag and can only be used for very low current or to switch a mosfet or transistor etc.  Also most people seem to miss the possibility of switching the energy recovery,  Robert did not tell everything he did but said to use high resistance or inductance coils,  these can hold a large inductive charge which can be drawn of at the right time to create no drag to the rotor therefore allowing very big coils to be used without needing large drive coils.  While the charging coils are in open circuit they cause little or no drag but still take a charge  so you get it for free in effect.  Robert wanted people to think outside the square so he did not tell everything.

      Hope this helps.

      On 14/01/2011 1:21 p.m., Windu wrote:

      To me, The mechanism of the above three motors to rotate the rotor are almost similar. But the way to pulse the coil is different. I have built replication of those 3 motors and work fine. I would prefer to say : - Pulse Motor Adam Way,
      - Pulse Motor Bedini Way , and
      - Pulse Motor Reed switch way....
      Is there any other suggestion ?

      best regards,

      Windu Hernowo - Jakarta

    • windu hernowo
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 16, 2011
        Russel, thank you.....

        Does there anyone here have Adam's generator diagram that produced high voltage current (>100V) ?

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 16, 2011
          Hi Russel,
          You are an amazing source of knowledge, about Adams motors. Yes, it is clear, from the little I have learned, that Mr Adams was a very clever and complicated man. He seems to have loved setting puzzles!.

          I did not know anything about the 100 volt motor. Did it actually work?
          amazing.Whats the advantage of it being 100 volts, instead of 12 volts?
          Mike Scott

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 16, 2011
              Hi Windu

              Robert ran most of his later work at 360 volts DC input but also tried higher voltages ie. 720 volts but settled on 360.  This is handy because the output can be inverted to 240 volts sinewave
              which is 360 volts peak to peak which is mains voltage here in NZ.  For the US you would maybe consider biulding a machine that works at 180 volts.  It also means you dont need a step up transformer to get to your desired voltage improving efficiency by about 2%.  I will post a picture later and look for some more stuff I have to put up in the files section of the group.  Getting high voltage out is no problem,  but dealing with the voltages produced can be.  The output  tends to be in spikes and are in a different form of electricity to either AC or DC,  it is more like static electricity and is good a wrecking mosfets and other electrosticily sensitive components.  That is why John bedini always recommends high voltage transistors as the base can usually handle as much voltage as the emitter and collector unlike mosfets which cannot handle more than 20 volts on the gate.  This is easily done when there are static charges going through the mosfet and the case material becomes statically charged as well.  Robert never learnt how to overcome this problem so it is easier to use transistors particularly if you are using higher voltages,  but if someone can show us how to get reliable performance out of mosfets or IGBTs that would be most appreciated.

              Russel P

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 17, 2011
                Dear Russel,
                Every one of your emails is an education to me!.
                I can see now why its practical to work on the idea of a 180 volt, (USA) or 360 Volt, (British system) electrical output. Succinct. The transistor idea is very practical.
                Thanks
                Mike Scott.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 17, 2011
                  Dear Russel Prier,

                  Thank you and appreciate your responses on my confusion. Frankly I have Adam Motor's diagram. What I do not have is diagram of his working generator that light 220V lamps as could be seen on his footage video.

                  I am anxious to build one for my house.....

                  best regards,

                  Windu Hernowo

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 17, 2011
                    Hi Windu,

                    Are you talking about the Adams Motor the John Bedini built and did a video of?  John shows one running quite a reasonable light bulb but does not give much info about it or the exact circuit he uses for that experiment,  so I dont know the answer to your question if that is what you are talking about.  Can you post the link to the video as it may help me understand which one you are talking about?

                    Sorry I an not be much help at the moment.