House Keeping

  • Steve Knott
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 15, 2010
      Please accept my apologies for neglecting this group for so long. I have today gone through and removed all spam messages and banned the culprits. I will endeavor to keep a regular check on the group in future and keep it clean.
      Is anyone still experimenting with the Adams motor design?
      It is sad that Robert is no longer with us, I would have liked to have met him. My brother lives in Whakatane New Zealand!
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 15, 2010
        Hi Steve,

        Thanks for that,  the original moderator or group owner seems to have abandoned the group long ago.   I have several projects on the go but have not had much time on them laterly.  I did get to spend quite a bit of time with Robert before he died but never got anything like all the answers he had sorted out before his sudden death.  His wife Margaret Adams has been helpful to a point but has not given me access to his papers and there are lots of them.  She has wanted me to get it working as Robert had it working so she can sell the project as commercial enterprise which would mean it would be patented.

        As with any of these technologies that is very difficult as it flies against currently held views of physics which are erroneous in some aspects of where energy comes from and how it is transferred and most physicists have little or no understanding of negative energy or of static electricity.  There are other forms of energy in our Universe which science has little understanding of as well but I am not touching those either although there are many experimenting with them and confusing them with negative energy. But for every positive charge there or particle there has to be an equal and opposite charge or particle in our Universe.

        Whereabouts are you,  do you live in NZ?  I live in Tauranga,  100km from Whakatane.

        Russel P.

        On 16/11/2010 4:54 a.m., Steve Knott wrote:

        Please accept my apologies for neglecting this group for so long. I have today gone through and removed all spam messages and banned the culprits. I will endeavor to keep a regular check on the group in future and keep it clean.
        Is anyone still experimenting with the Adams motor design?
        It is sad that Robert is no longer with us, I would have liked to have met him. My brother lives in Whakatane New Zealand!

      • ramg_moderator
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 15, 2010
          Hi Russel,

          I set the adamsmotor group up back in 2004 when I was researching Roberts motor/generators. I think it existed before then though but was deleted at some stage, when I visited the link to the group it said it no longer existed so I simply re-created it with the same name, hence why I am now the moderator :)
          I went onto building a working motor but I guess I reached the limit of my electronics knowledge when it came to testing the machine for efficiency.

          Here's a short clip I've just uploaded to YouTube showing the motor I built 6 years ago.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSR5rQO-v0

          My interest in these motors has been stirred again after reading some of the posts made in this group whilst I've been away. I'm now thinking of building another machine but ganging up multiple rotors on a common drive shaft and following some of the good advice given the the Chapter2 document which has been uploaded to the 'files' area of this group.

          I live in the UK but my brother emigrated to New Zealand a long time ago. He has settled in Whakatane and now runs a joinery company in the town. We visited in Sept 2008 and wow! what a beautiful place to live. Certainly a great place for Robert to rest in peace.
          I remember asking my sister in-law back in 2004 to drive past Robert Adams address just to see where he lived :)

          I didn't make it to Tauranga but my girlfriend did stay near the mount for a few days.

          All the best
          Steve

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 15, 2010
            Sorry if I offended you Steve by what I said earlier.  I did not realise you were the guy who set the group up but people use web names and you often dont know who you are sealing with.

            Nice replication you have made.  I have not built that motor but some guys have had quite good results from that older design of Roberts.  He encouraged me to build the thermo motor so I dont have any experience of that motor I have built several Bedini motors as well.  The thermo motor is a different set up and uses powerful neodymium magnets and theoretically should put out a lot of power going right but i have not discovered that yet although I believe I have come close at times when I have seen Transient voltage protectors rated at 400 watts 400 volts turn to ashes almost instantly
            with the output power I was getting but I nervous to repeat that experiment as I am sure I was causing a large amount of radio interference but running correctly should not be a problem in that area I think.

            I would certainly like to see these things going well but have to find more time to devote to this project.

          • Michael Scott
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
              Hi,
              I am finally getting around to doing some serious work on an Adams motor project, now that I have just retired. I have accumulated all the internet papers on the subject that I can find, and downloaded the stuff off the file section here, but it seems to Me there is a lot of knowledge out there that is too big for the limited file section of this newsgroup.

              Is it a good idea to start a website attched to this group, where all the papers etc can be lodged, so that we have a proper and complete archive for everyone to use and download from?. It would help to kickstart the process of getting things moving again on the motor.
              I have read enough to realize some people have got it working really well, especially the group up in Vancouver. They seem to have sort of disappeared however, taking their expertise with them. I think it's important that we don't lose the knowledge and all the hard work.
              Regards
              Mike Scott

            • Patrick Kelly
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
                Hi Mike,

                Good to hear that your are about to start a replication and I wish you every success in your efforts.  The Files section of this group has room enough for more than three million words plus six thousand illustrations, so there is no immediate need to look for additonal storage elsewhere.  It seems likely that there is not enough Adams Motor information to exceed that storage, so we can just wait until storage becomes a problem.

                All the best,

                Patrick

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
                  Hi Patrick,
                  Many thanks for your email. It's been some years since I ran a newsgroup....about nine, in fact. I had forgotten that the storage had expanded...somewhat!.  I have found via google a fair amount of stuff, and also on U-Tube, the U-Tube stuff is very interesting!. I'm not sure that the google stuff is much more than what you have stashed on the newsgroup files, except that it has sort of hints and tips. I was impressed with the little group on U-Tube, in Vancouver, that seemed to have gotten rather further than most...they were doing CD Adams motors, which is right where I am going to start, in the interests of speed, and cash!.
                  So anything I find, that looks interesting, when I start, I will be sure to post on the group.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
                    Hi Guys,

                    Robert had shared some of his later technology with a company called "Glacier Bay" I think who are based in the Vancouver area somewhere.  I have tried to contact them but gotten no reply,  but have seen them at a boat show demonstrating the powerful permanent magnetic motors for boat propulsion systems and they hinted that they were much more than 100% efficient but would not say any more than that.  (not really more than 100% but as the goal posts shift when you understand how inefficient all existing systems are and how flawed the present understanding of this area of physics really is in general out there.)  It is probably fairly important to separate the 2 different Adams technologies as well,  there is the stuff he put in the public domain in 1993 or there abouts and the Thermo Motor stuff he had started to realise at that point in time as being where the real power was going to be found.  One or 2 of the machines he built in the late 90s were so powerful he destroyed them because they scared the daylights out of him but may have been dangerous for some particular reason as well.  He stated this to me several times that there are some things you must not touch with the thermo motor that relate to mixing different metals in the rotor for special effects.  The motor that Glacier Bay were building was constructed along the same lines as the Thermo motor but did not exhibit the sort of performance Robert was claiming for far smaller motors he had built.  He never gave away all the info and even the original motor plans are far from complete as he a;ways wanted people to do what he did and nut it out for themselves.   I.E. try putting a Tesla coil on the end if it?  try isolating the output by charging caps then switching the charge to batts between charging pulses? etc. etc.  He was always trying our new ideas and measuring and recording his results.

                    Best of luck guys,

                    Russel P

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
                      Hi Guys, & Russel,
                      Thanks for the info. I did'nt know at all about the "Thermomotor" aspect of it.
                      Now I do!.
                      The vancouver people I was referring to I saw on U-Tube, an amateur Adams group making little Adams motors out of old CD Disks, (Looked great fun) and stuff. Apparantly they got quite far, then started to get hassled by someone, and decided to stop. Anyone know about this group?

                      In fact, any info on this Thermomotor stuff?
                      Many Thanks
                      Mike Scott.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
                          Hi,
                          I think it was Harwood who did the CD motor, but the Vancouver amateur group seemed to have trouble with it. They did post some U-Tube videos of it, and said they had overcome the problems and were getting it to work well. I will try and find the U-Tube URL's again for this group.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 17, 2010
                            Hello Russ , Mike
                            Nice to see some legit talking going on. Best to You----Jack W

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 18, 2010
                              Thanks,
                              Mike

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 18, 2010
                                Hi Everyone,
                                As promised, I tracked down the U-Tube group located in Vancouver, who were posting as the "Vancouver gageteers", and who have now decided that "Free Energy" is simply too dangerous.
                                I quote, below, what they have posted on their movies.
                                It sort of says it all, I guess.
                                Regards
                                Mike.

                                IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of 26 January 2010, the Vancouver Gadgeteers amateur inventors club will no longer be selling its Adams motors, e-books/e-guides, DIY plans, hydroxy devices, pulsers, components, or consulting services due to the personal risks and 'inconveniences' and perceived threat level as well as the lack of support from the public, generally speaking. While it has been an interesting, and at times, exciting area of tinkering, the bottom line is that the trouble just wasn't worth it. Other alternative-energy experimenters have also paid a painful price.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 24, 2010
                                  No offense taken :)