building one

  • ronmathenyjr
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2005
      Started this project in Jan of 05. Want to have completed by years
      end. Made A plastic stator housing about 21 and 1/4 inches inside
      diamater. Made my own mags for stator and purchased mags for rotor.
      Currently working on commutor for firing stator mags. Any thoughts or
      suggestions would be appreciated. I do not have any knowledge in
      electronics but have purchased A study book and am learning. ron
    • ronmathenyjr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2005
        --- In adamsmotor@yahoogroups.com, "ronmathenyjr" <ronmathenyjr@y...>
        wrote:

        > Started this project in Jan of 05. Want to have completed by years
        > end. Made A plastic stator housing about 21 and 1/4 inches inside
        > diamater. Made my own mags for stator and purchased mags for rotor.
        > Currently working on commutor for firing stator mags. Any thoughts or
        > suggestions would be appreciated. I do not have any knowledge in
        > electronics but have purchased A study book and am learning.
        ron My stator mags are homemade. Four of them. They are made of #
        22 guage wire with an average of 1150 wraps. My meter showed A
        resistance "in ohms" of 40 to 45 in each of them. I installed them
        into the housing "plastic" and now have two of them wired together. My
        resistance is now 19 to 20 ohms. I expected this to be around 80 to 90
        ohms. Did I do somthing wrong, or is this the way electronics work?
        Help me if you can, still want to fire this thing up by years end.
        Thanks ron
      • wally88ar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2005
          You connected the coils in parallel.
          If you want 80 ohms then connect them in series.