CD VERSION ADAMS MOTOR

  • Oscar Obel
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
      Did you useĀ  Hall-effect sensor and/or 555 timer
      and mosfet to drive the stator ??????

      Regards
      Oscar
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
        The Motor I am currently building will start with embedded copper strips in a peice of plastic like Roberts star wheels but will probably end up with a digital encoder if it is any good.
        Mosfet switchs are ok but dont seem to last that well.  Aetheric energy tends to destroy the gates.  MJL21194's are a good transistor for the job and Iam going to try some BU931P's I got from Mouser Electronics

        Regards Russel

        Oscar Obel wrote:

        Did you use  Hall-effect sensor and/or 555 timer
        and mosfet to drive the stator ??????

        Regards
        Oscar

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4485 (20091006) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • mac mac

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2009
            Hall switches can work very well if you get them setup right. Some peole have a lot of sucess with them,  I havent had much luck with them though.  I am no expert on electronics just a novice

            Russel P.

            __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4488 (20091007) __________

            http://www.eset.com