Re: i do not understund how early diconection recoil overvoltage, broduce thust.

  • yeorkas2005
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2009
      Your info inpire me to build my third motor. I understund that stop
      braking (opposes)rotor due to lenz law, by early disconection of power
      draw, but i do not understund how the produced recoil overvoltage,
      broduce thust(second kick) on the rotor's magnets.
      Could you please explain more to that point?
      ...I withdraw only from 42 deg to 46.2 deg. That will produce a
      recoil when I stop drawing that opposes the magnet providing the
      second kick to the rotor's magnets...

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 8, 2009
        The coils need to have considerable resistance tha means quite a bit of inductance,  therefore stored charge in the coils which gives things a second kick at switchoff.  Have you read any of the books that Robert put out some years back in which his torque angle graphs show this happening quite clearly.
      • fiatsemper
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009

          --- In adamsmotor@yahoogroups.com, Russel Prier <russelp@...> wrote:

          > The coils need to have considerable resistance tha means quite a bit of
          > inductance, therefore stored charge in the coils which gives things a
          > second kick at switchoff. Have you read any of the books that Robert
          > put out some years back in which his torque angle graphs show this
          > happening quite clearly.

          What exactly is shown by the torque angle graphs of Robert? I don´t know either

          this graphs  nor the books of Robert.  Is it possible to put them into the files?

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
            I cannot publish any of that stuff without getting permission from the trustees of the technology to do it.  But what was shown was that for each magnet pass of the coil you got 2 points where the rotor was accelerated,  once at the start of the pulse and again at the end of the pulse.  The books used to be available from NEXUS Magazine in Brisbane Australia but I dont know if they have any left now.

            Regards Russel P.

            fiatsemper wrote:

            --- In adamsmotor@yahoogro ups.com, Russel Prier <russelp@...> wrote:

            > The coils need to have considerable resistance tha means quite a bit of
            > inductance, therefore stored charge in the coils which gives things a
            > second kick at switchoff. Have you read any of the books that Robert
            > put out some years back in which his torque angle graphs show this
            > happening quite clearly.

            What exactly is shown by the torque angle graphs of Robert? I don´t know either

            this graphs  nor the books of Robert.  Is it possible to put them into the files?

          • bruce
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 7, 2009
              Russel

              I ordered and received my copy of the Adams Pulsed Motor Manual from

              Nexus Magazine in June 2008, go to www nexusmagazine.com has all the

              info mentioned. Really wish he had published more advanced info

              before he passed away.

              Cheers, Bruce.

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 7, 2009
                So do I Bruce,  I spent many hours with the man talking and learning from him but he would never give me the answers I had to work for them build motors test and experiment and show my results and then he would give me another clue as to what was next.  Unfortunately what I saw was very different technology from what was in his books so i was unable to refer back to his books to see where I had gone wrong especially after he died so suddenly and unexpectedly.  I had half the picture for something very different from anything else out there and no-one to ask as his wife did not understand it and anyone else who did was on the other side of the world or keeping there heads down.  And like any jigsaw you just keep thing and working at it and eventually some peices fall into place and that is why I saw that article by Maimariati I knew he was on to it to because he was saying the same things Robert used to say.  Also he was on the way to getting the same sort of efficiency.  All the best Russel P