deep venous thrombosis

  • dutchpatty2000
    Message 1 of 865 , Apr 1, 2001
      I have a 70-year-old aunt. We have been very
      disgruntled with the care she has gotten for dvt. She spent
      three weeks in the hospital and was then sent home with
      leg still swollen. She had polio when 5 years of age
      and may have some postpolio syndrome? How can I find
      out if it is safe or plausible for her to try
      acupuncture or other types of Qi work like Reiki or QiGong
      treatment? She has very limited use of her legs. She can
      walk with crutches for short distances but can't lift
      her legs independently (swings them when she
      walks).<br><br>Can anyone direct me? I have searched repeatedly and
      can't find anything specific concerning treatment with
      acupuncture for dvt.
    • bob_and_robin
      Message 865 of 865 , Jan 31, 2002
        Hi Bert,<br>Yes acupuncture has been used for
        animals for years. I think
        number of books on the subject check also
        www.redwingbooks.com or www.bluepoppy.com (hope those are right).
        Acupuncture is used in many operations in China. There are a
        few tests they run prior to cutting. About 50% can
        use it with success. It is also very good for post
        operative pain, such as tooth extraction. You may also find
        some other links at
        around.<br>Hope this helps,<br>Bob