Orchialgia

  • stas7
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12 10:31 AM
      Does anyone here know the points useful for the horrible, constant physical pain problem called orchialgia (which is chronically physically painful testicle(s) )? Orchialgia is a mysterious, poorly understood problem in medicine-- nerves and tissues somehow become screwed up by scrotal and testicular surgeries, by internal testicular infections, and by physical trauma(s) to the testicles. Treatments for orchialgia are poor to dreadful. One treatment which is successful in only 50% of the cases where it's used is orchiectomy which is the surgical removal of a testicle. For the 50% of men who continue to have physical pain after orchiectomy, the physical pain is usually much worse than before the orchiectomy *and* the physical pain is the nightmare of PHANTOM LIMB PAIN. In a discussion on orchialgia, a man wrote that:
      "there's a nerve around the area below the abdomen at the top of the groin that **MAY** help control the physical pain. But to find a acupuncturist that will explore that and other nerves is hard to do. If someone can find a chart of the points. Please post it."

      Can anyone here write about the above? Where are these points? Are the points useful only for pelvic pain, for groin pain or are the points useful also for constant very annoying to severe testicular physical pain?
    • stas7
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13 5:39 PM
        In one specific acupuncture page on pain in the external genitals -- http://bit.ly/A2KImV -- I found the specific point for a needle. If you had a needle placed there, did it help end the physical pain of orchialgia in either you or in some man you inserted needles into?

        Are there other useful points for chronic pain in the testicles? What are they?

        --- In acupunctureforum@yahoogroups.com, "stas7" <bronze7@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone here know the points useful for the horrible, constant physical pain problem called orchialgia (which is chronically physically painful testicle(s) )? Orchialgia is a mysterious, poorly understood problem in medicine-- nerves and tissues somehow become screwed up by scrotal and testicular surgeries, by internal testicular infections, and by physical trauma(s) to the testicles. Treatments for orchialgia are poor to dreadful. One treatment which is successful in only 50% of the cases where it's used is orchiectomy which is the surgical removal of a testicle. For the 50% of men who continue to have physical pain after orchiectomy, the physical pain is usually much worse than before the orchiectomy *and* the physical pain is the nightmare of PHANTOM LIMB PAIN. In a discussion on orchialgia, a man wrote that:
        > "there's a nerve around the area below the abdomen at the top of the groin that **MAY** help control the physical pain. But to find a acupuncturist that will explore that and other nerves is hard to do. If someone can find a chart of the points. Please post it."
        >
        > Can anyone here write about the above? Where are these points? Are the points useful only for pelvic pain, for groin pain or are the points useful also for constant very annoying to severe testicular physical pain?

      • Igor Simonov
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13 6:20 PM
          Hi Stas
          First of all you need to check condition through the pulse of patient, so you treat not symptom but patient quickly and effectively
          From your short picture this patient may have chong mai extra meridian disbalance due to excess of kidney. Kidney may become excessive due to Urinary bladder meridian yang qi issues. To be shorter this patients history of life and disease may show problem with gynecological, digestive, respiratory, throat during his life, as example tonsils removed or tonsillitis often in early age(chong mai pathology from prenatal period)

          In this case you treat chong mai and full meridians provoking this fullness with quick and long lasting result
          Regards
          Igor
          http.://www.acutepuncture.com