Re: TCM - Acupuncture schools

  • Mercurius Trismegistus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005
      Like Sharon said, I think TCM is important to learn and is probably the
      only form of the medicine that could be standardized like it has been.
      It is a good place to start and perhaps a good way for NCCAOM to make
      tests that determine a minimal level of competency. But I want to learn
      more about moving Qi, about finding the points the way the ancients did
      not by just anatomical location. I want to be a conduit of a living and
      vital medicine, not someone that just sticks needles in patients based
      on a cookbook style protocol. Christopher Vedeler L.Ac., C.Ht.
      Oasis Acupuncture http://www.oasisacupuncture.com

      MM: hello, i am in wisconsin and i want to study acupuncture and oriental medicine. recently, some people have written me privately and told me about the different standards for training. i am interested in going to the best schools possible. is it true that california standards are the highest? also, are there any schools in the midwest where i could be educated with these higher standards? i would like to learn more on this issue. i guess im looking at going down to chicago now.
      thanks.
      mercurius trismegistus