Re: [Acupuncture Forum] Re: New to acupuncture-Xiao Yao Wan

  • Mike Liaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      I am not sure if it's true that "most" acupuncturists will do a series of
      10 treatments and then evaluate the effectiveness.
      For any sort of pain, the patient should feel visible relief right in the
      first session, if it's not incurred from traumatic injuries.
      (Even for traumatic injuries, a good percentage should receive
      very good relief of pain after the first session.)
      A good acupuncturist should give the patient this kind
      of return in most pain related cases.
      In the mean time, keep in mind that chronic problems typically will
      take more sessions to get rid of the problem. If there is physical
      damage (such as degenerated intervertibral disk) whatever
      relief of pain may not last for too long if the only treatment
      is acupuncture. That's my 2 cents on the back pain.

      Xiao Yao Wan can be used for a wide range of conditions.
      The data given here wasn't sufficient for me to comment
      on the usage of this formula. I am sorry that I can't help here.

      Regards,

      Mike L.

      edmailer <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Most acupuncturists will do a serie of 10 treatments and then re-
      evaluate the treatment effectiveness. From my personal experience,
      if I don't feel "any" relief by the third treatments. I'm will start
      looking for 2nd opinion.

      you can check this link for benefit of xiao yao wan, or do a search
      thru the internet.

      http://www.china-guide.com/hr00xy12.html

      --- In acupunctureforum@yahoogroups.com, "jackwalz" <jackwalz@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi, I went to a acupuncture guy in my erea , I have a lot of lower
      > back pain and my whole back feels vey stiff, I have problemes with
      > my stomach I am blowted a lot and feel constipated, or neusea, he
      > told me it all has to do with the stress I have , He Put me on my
      > back and put small needles in all over my shoulders neck and my
      lower
      > back, and my lower legs, for 30 minutes, then he put some on my
      > stomach and wrists for another 25 Minutes,, then he told me to go
      on
      > my back again and mesaged my neck and my back it feeld pretty good
      > while he was doing it but I dont feel it yet, he told me that some
      > feel better the same day,, my neck feels sore right now is this
      > normal for the first time?
      >

      > He also gave me this herb -Xiao Yao Wan- did any one hear about it?
      > he told me it will relax my tention is that true? He took $60 for
      the
      > whole session and he told me to come back, I hope it will help. he
      > told that he can make my migrane headaches go a way for good by
      > puting the needles in my head is that true??
      >

      > Thanks all

    • jackwalz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hi, The acupunctur guy told me that it might take a few sessions
        but he did not say 10 , he gave me those tablets for my stomach to
        relax I allways feel blowted and constipated and dry mouth, and my
        gastro doctor found that my stomach is iretaded inside the point is I
        have a lot of stress, but to be honest I feel more sore after the
        session then be fore maybe I neeed to give it a chance, ,, or maybe
        I's because I still have the stress which I can not help..

        I also got a bottle of oil for my back called wood lock did any one
        here about that???

        and one more bottle of herbs for my neck called Jing Zhui Tong Wan

        Is Sixty dollars a fear price for a 1 hour session???

        Jack

        Service.

      • Mike Liaw
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
          Jack,

          The "Wood Lock" oil is to be applied with traditional Chinese Tui-Na techniques.
          If it's used by someone who knows Tui-Na, it's a very good one.

          I don't know the other formual as it is not a well known one.

          Do you mean $60 US dollars to include acupuncture and the two hebs you mentioned?
          That's fair enough. Of course, I don't know where you live so it may not be the case.

          I typically remind patients and friends what they should look for is whether or not
          it's helping as the top issue, not the price, as long as the price is not outrageous.

          That's my two cents.

          Mike L.

          Service.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • jackwalz
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2004
            Hi, I live in the US and the $60 was for the treatment itself the
            herbs where seperate, I saw the hearbs on the net for much cheaper is
            there a known site where it is good to order these herbs and they are
            fresh,
            I am going today for the second time I hope it will help it did
            not do much the first time