New Member...future student

  • Vanessa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hello Everyone,

      I just found this group on Yahoo, sounds like a great one :)
      I just recently realized that my goal in life is to become an
      Acupuncturist, but it's a long ways from now. I am finishing a degree
      in computer science and I am looking into TCM/Acupuncture schools in
      the New York area. I've read a great deal on Chinese Medicine and
      Acupuncture, but I don't feel that it's enough.
      I would like to volunteer with an acupuncturist/TCM doctor, just to
      see what it's like and get more real exposure rather than just
      textbook knowledge. Does anyone know if this is possible? Does anyone
      know an acupuncturist/TCM doctor in NY (preferably in Brooklyn) who
      wouldn't mind a very eager student?

      Is there anything else I can do? Any suggestions in general to a
      future student? I'll greatly appreciate any comments, suggestions,
      etc.
      Thank you so much!!!!