Xanax withdrawl and problems

  • Otownne@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hello, I am new to this board. I was wondering if you could give me
      some insite. A yr ago I was given drugs called Paxil and Zoloft and
      had very very terrible reactions to them. The doc was not paying
      attention. I did not need them.
      Anyway, to be able to cope with the tremors and anxiety and post
      tramatic strees which it created, I was put on Xanax. I am trying to
      taper down very slowely, and was wondering if acupuncture would help
      with any of the symptoms. I get jittery alot, anxiety is very high, I
      feel my blood pressure is going wacky sometimes, and I have obsessive
      thoughts, such as when is this going to end, did these drugs damage
      my brain or my body, etc.
      I am a 44yr old female and these drugs have created havoc with my
      body and mind. Can acupuncture help?
      I thank you for any information you can give me.
      Thank You
      Christine from Omaha
    • Betty Engels
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
        Hi Christine,I'm new to it too,and I'm also interested in the answer to
        your query.I have a daughter with similar problems,also due to post-trauma
        depression.I had not given a thought to acupuncture,though I am a great
        believer in its healing powers,for this particular problem.Thanks for
        bringing it to the forground.
        Betty Engels Wisconsin
      • geovani
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
          Hi Christine,I'm new to it too,and I'm also interested in the answer to
          your query.I have a daughter with similar problems,also due to post-trauma
          depression.I had not given a thought to acupuncture,though I am a great
          believer in its healing powers,for this particular problem.Thanks for
          bringing it to the forground.
          Betty Engels Wisconsin

          geo Hi Christine and Betty. Most certainly yes+ACEAIQAh- Acupuncture is
          very much suited for these kind of problems. If I had a doughter with
          these kind of symptoms I would take her to an acupuncturist. I am
          not sure though to which degree we could enter into any detailed
          approach. Also... i would consider the possibility of undergoing
          treatment yourself - as these long term unbalaces in a close family
          member, may envolve a certain degree of mutual feed-back efect.
        • JCarrion
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
            YEs of course, but you must be very patient, because this kinf of treatments usually need its time, and you will be healing as a russian mountain (I mean: you are better now, worst the next week, then better, etc.).
            Auriculotherapy with french style-points instead of chinese ones, and some scalpacup., and Wrist and Ankle acupuncture. 20 treatments before evaluation and more.
            I wish you the best.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
              Christine & Betty

              In both the practice of acupuncture and Chinese Materia Medica (oversimplied
              when called herbs), I can tell you (for sure) that my experience both
              patient-wise and personally that these drugs ultimately make the condition
              worse due to the benzene and other solvents that are used in the
              manufacturing process not to mention that those drugs DON'T get at the root
              of the problem...................they just attempt to be antagonistic to the
              symptoms.

              The AP/OM profession is in a legal battle here in Florida at the moment so
              the attorney and I looked up the word 'allopathy' and were quite surprised at
              it's definition. Using an humanstic word such as 'antagonistic'. Western
              medicine is akin to a Neanderthal slamming an animal over the head with a
              large club. A gross approach to the wholistic approach of Chinese medicine
              which seeks to rebalance Qi, Blood and Body Fluids thus allowing the body to
              heal itself.

              Look to the body fluids in your systems as being both deficient and sticky or
              stuck. More often than not one will find excess weight or inability to lose
              it as an indicator. Not always but a high percent of the time. Chiense don't
              call fat -> fat....they call it mucus or phlegm BUT in reality it is stuck
              fluids. Those stucks and deficiency fluids create the conditions which give
              one BOTH anxiety/panic and guess what?.....depression. I call it fluid
              compression. I am very practical in my transliteration of patterns from
              Chinese medicine to what I call BLODY PLUMBING or BODY MECHANICS. Just an
              easy way to see the truth. Resolve the viscosity of those fluids by both
              bringing up the volume and at the same time making them flow smoother where
              they are supposed....and NO MORE anxiety/panic OR depression. And the last is
              most important. Even though one cannot separate the physical, mental,
              emotional, spiritual dimensions......when we resolve the physical depression
              or compression ALMOST 100% of the mental/emotional depression & panic/anxiety
              VANISHES. Magic? You might say. Go see a well trained acupuncturists AND one
              who knows very well how to use Chinese herbs.

              Richard

              Richard A. Freiberg, DOM, DAc
              FSOMA Legislative Chair

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
                Dear Richard,
                Could you explain how do you disolve the Tan-Inn so easy? It has become one of  my fields of battle in the last years and with poor succes: do you really  get it flow out in not much time?
                Could you tell me anything more?
                Thanks a lot, and I am sorry i won't get any message for a week that I will be out of here.
                Thanks,
                Josep.