Acupuncture points suggestion requested

  • V.Anthoney Manohur
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2011
      Hello,

      I am suffering with high Serum Ferritin of about 1654ng/ml where normal ceiling is 200-400ng/ml. Any one can suggestion appropriate acupuncture point to reduce this level

      v. anthoney manohur
      chennai
    • Ben Krieg
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2011
        I doubt that acupuncture will be that effective in helping your body get
        rid of the excess iron, but some supplements that have been shown to help
        the body detox metals are parotid pmg, cholacol II, and chelaco. Admittedly
        these are all standard process products, but I don't work for standard
        process, I'm just saying these were shown to be effective. You could always
        look at the ingredients and order from a different company if you prefer.

        I would recommend finding an NRT (nutritional response testing)
        practitioner that is close to you to give you a more precise recommendation
        and dosing if you're interested in these products.

        Oh, and if you work around a lot of dyes/inks/paints/pigments that may be
        what's driving up your iron levels.

        good luck!

        --
        Benjamin Krieg, LAc
        Roots of Eastern Medicine Acupuncture Clinic

      • Rhonda Raymond
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 2011
          You may have a condition called hemochromatosis which is generally treated by "donating" blood periodically to lower the iron levels. You should see a doctor and get a diagnosis because high levels of iron in the body can lead to serious organ damage over time.

          Rhonda Raymond, L.Ac.