First Semester of 4-year Tibetan Medical Program now available ON DEMAND ONLINE

  • Anna Bartenstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      Dear friends of the Shang Shung Institute in America,

      Through an exciting new initiative, we would like to offer the opportunity for students to attend the first semester of our 4-year School of Tibetan Medicine by on-demand webcast from their home locations. Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo has assured us that the first semester of our curriculum can be well understood through distance-learning, and we are excited about the possibilities for the dissemination of Tibetan Medicine that this new collaboration could bring.

      This course will take place from September 7th - December 18th, 2010. There will be approximately 20 hours of class time a week, which you can watch at your convenience, whenever is best for you (a total of approximately 300 hours of class time).

      We are offering a special price for online students, only about 60% of what the course normally costs in the USA. The total cost for this 3-month online course will be USD $1650.

      If you are interested in attending this course you can register online at the following link:

      http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=435

      or contact our secretary at secretary@... or by phone at (+1) 413-369-4473.
      Although this webcasted first semester can stand on its own as a general introduction into Tibetan medicine and Tibetan language, a very dedicated student could actually choose to continue the four-year program, as offered in the United States. If you are interested, please let us know and we can give you more information on this possibility and what you would need to do to qualify. We also may offer more of the 4-year course on demand in the future, if there is sufficient interest.

      We currently plan to hold this course in the English Language with optional Russian translation, but if there are enough interested participants in another language group, we may be able to provide translation into other languages as well. Please contact us if you are interested in this possibility.

      Thanks very much, and we look forward to hearing from you!

      Shang Shung Institute - USA
      secretary@...