Re: hello, I'm new!

  • Dagmar
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 1999
      Hello All,
      I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. Since 1991 I
      live in Beijing, China, where I studied Chinese Medicine
      for 5 years. I also studied Taijiquan (Chen style), but I
      am a bit lazy with that now.
      Looking forward to meeting you all!
      Dagmar

      =====
      free CHINESE MEDICINE NEWSLETTER
      http://www.chinesemedicine.8m.com/newsletter.html
      or mailto: gesund2000@...
      with "subscribe" in the subject line.
    • geovani
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 1999
        From: Dagmar <jiankang2000@...>

        Hello All,
        I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. Since 1991 I
        live in Beijing, China, where I studied Chinese Medicine
        for 5 years. I also studied Taijiquan (Chen style), but I
        am a bit lazy with that now.
        Looking forward to meeting you all!
        Dagmar

        geovani> Hi, Dagmar. What is in you opinion the basic set
        of concerns that should guide a "good acupunturist"? I am asking
        this straight forward question, taking in account your very interesting
        professional background. We could develop a short (or long) thread
        on this fundamental issue.

        best regards

        geovani
      • geovani
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 1999
          geovani> I have just visited the site anexed to your post.
          I found an interesting comment there:

          "Chinese medical herbs and acupuncture points are also classified within the same system. It becomes apparent what problems occur when western diagnosis tries to apply Chinese herbs or acupuncture treatment (or vice versa): The two are incompatible systems, like two different computer programs..."

          Is my understanding correct if I read in these lines that acup. and
          herbs are better to be used as separate terapies? The problem is
          with the word "...or..." in the expression - "Chinese herbs or acupuncture
          treatment (or vice versa)"
        • Eisenstark@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 1999
            The two incompatible systems are Western Medicine and Chinese Medicine.
            This is a real generic statement which I agree with but I would say "2
            different paradigms." Its the same body, just how we look at it.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 1999
              From: Eisenstark@...

              The two incompatible systems are Western Medicine and Chinese Medicine.
              This is a real generic statement which I agree with but I would say "2
              different paradigms." Its the same body, just how we look at it.

              << when western diagnosis tries to apply Chinese herbs or acupuncture
              treatment (or vice versa): The two are incompatible systems, like two
              different computer programs..."

              geovani> Yes, it seems that the two incompatibles, according
              to the text, are what you are pointing to - thanks. Well, in this case
              I must fully agree with the text...they are indeed two different frograms.
              The fragmentary vision of western traditional medicine has very short
              range eyes. Man is one. Vital energy is one - in different levels, though.
              Desiese is one - the desequilibrium of vital energy. I think that the
              traditional western medicine is still far from this basic integration.
              Obviously in certain areas it is irreplaceable: transplants, surgery,
              CTI proceedures, vaccines etc...Well this is not new..... :^)