Re: "Drain the Vein"

  • DocArtemis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hello Lauren

      Yes, I have heard of this technique and I've used it periodically.

      The theory is that you can move blood stagnation at a very deep level by
      bleeding the veins at the surface. This concept is very similar to the idea
      that you can affect the interior (Zang Fu) by stimulating the acupuncture
      points at the surface.

      I find this technique to be quite helpful when there is acute truama where
      the stagnation is "young". I've found the technique less effective in
      chronic cases of blood stagnation. I find that it's necessary to use
      medicinal interventions.

      I've also seen an "extreme" technique of "drain the vien" where you use a
      seven star needle and puncture the entire surface of an effective area. This
      technique was used in several cases of chronic shoulder and neck pain. The
      entire surface of the body was bloodied. I don't think that I could perform
      this technique and I don't think that it would be accepted by the North
      American public. However I know that this form of treatment is standard care
      in China.

      I think that this list is an awesome idea. It's about time that those of us
      who understand the ancient wisdom of "the web without a weaver" can connect
      and communicate through thjis post-modern web!