Re: Presentation

  • Bernard GALLAT
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 1999
      Hello,

      I'm 46 and studying TCM since 1 year at a French school.
      Have also some practice in acupuncture and herbs, so as in aromatherapy and
      Qi Gong.
      I've made good personal development based on Barbara Brennan's course of
      Healing during the last 3 years.

      kind regards

      Bernard
    • BoumBoum
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8, 1999
        Hi to Bernard and others out there

        I'm an acupuncturist in England, practising for 11 years now, with general
        experience and special interest in pregnancy and childbirth. Looking
        forward to meeting others on the list and sharing thoughts and ideas.

        Best wishes

        Amanda
      • Greg Dember
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 1999
          Hi Amanda. I am an acupuncturist in Washington state, USA, practicing
          for 5 years. No offense to the students and lay people on the list, but
          I am glad to see a practitioner is present. I would like to discuss
          interesting cases, discoveries, problems, etc. Not that students can't
          be part of that, don't get me wrong.....

          Greg Dember

        • daaf@xxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 1999
            "BoumBoum" <boum.boum@...> wrote:

            > I'm an acupuncturist in England,

            and I'm the husband of someone in London pondering whether to
            turn to it after some years of frustrating chemotherapy. I joined
            the list about 2 months ago hoping to find an active discussion
            of this and that but apart from 2 other presentations like yours
            (plus mine!) and your post to Greg, the silence has been deafening.

            I still don't know whether questions about the suitability of
            acupuncture in given syndromes are in order or whether they
            should be addressed - as this enquiry is - by email. Therefore
            I shall also post this to the list to see if we get any reaction.

            danny
            daaf@...
          • Eisenstark@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 1999
              << turn to it after some years of frustrating chemotherapy. >>

              let us know what you would like to have answered...
            • Bernard GALLAT
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 1999
                Hi Amanda,

                I enjoy to see that something is moving on the list.

                I discovered acupuncture many years ago.
                Later on I came back to the TCM in general, due to severe health problems.
                I got a CML (chronic myeloid leucemy) on July 96 (>250.000 WBC) and have had
                the
                big chance to be selected for a bone marrow transplantation on may 97.
                In the meantime I was treated by chemo-drugs in order to reduce the level of
                white blood cells.
                The transplantation was not a full success and 10 % of old mutating cells
                were remaining,
                so I accepted a second one in July 98.
                The last treatment induced a general GVH, on a such level that I was needing
                a cortisone therapy for
                the next 12 months.
                Actually I'm working with a TCM therapist since 2 month and our first
                results are coming soon,
                my GVH is disappearing slowly and the fitness coming back.

                Let's coming to TCM, I started my studies in parallel to the CML an
                especially acupuncture
                and aromatherapy.
                Both therapies brought me motivation and hope during the above mentioned
                quite hard time.
                Later on I decided to learn TCM in general in the frame of a French TCM
                school in Lyon.

                I wouldlike also to send a short message fulfilled with HOPE to
                x.eisenstark.
                Please don't get wrong, I know what hard chemotherapy is, but never lose
                hope and lessons to me
                -Chine Traditional Medicine- is a really great therapy for several types of
                cancer.
                Get in touch with a good and experienced therapist and you will enjoy
                progress.

                Kind regards

                Bernard