Re: [acupuncture] Digest Number 536 pain for 3 years

  • bonmotSarah@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Hi Sandy,

      An acupuncturist, who was known as a master in my community, used to say that
      if you did not see some improvement with him after three visits to then see
      someone else for treatment (in other words you might not be cured in three
      visits to him but something ought to be improving by then). Sometimes using
      herbal formulas will help improve pain pictures and outcomes when used in
      conjunction with acupuncture, effecting a more rapid change and sustaining
      the effects of the acpuncture.

      In this master's case I usually saw most people return to see him as they
      mostly (not always though) did improve and with improvement saw their visits
      to him gradually taper off as the acupuncture's effects on the pain lasted
      longer and longer between visits, until finally these patients were down to
      no visits and were pain free. In some cases, when they came in after the
      pain was first noticable the effects were more rapid and the outcome better
      than in those cases were the patient waited for some time to come in for pain
      treatment (coming in right after a car accident say, rather than waiting six
      months or a year).

      Sarah