[acupuncture

  • Jakob Svensson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 1999
      Hi,
      I�m from Sweden. Here they use acupuncture in mostly for painrelief.
      what they say there is that it releases endorphins.
      My question is,
      is the mechanism known how acupuncture works on the tissue and molecular level known?
      Is the mechanism the same for acupressure, when you press the points instead of nails.
      Hope someone will answer
      thanks
      /jake

      Yesbox �r en e-posttj�nst som inte bara �r gratis
      - du f�r dessutom bonuspo�ng - http://www.yesbox.net
    • Al Stone
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 1999
        "Jake (Jakob Svensson)" wrote:

        > From: Jake (Jakob Svensson) <jake2@...>
        >
        > Hi,
        > I�m from Sweden. Here they use acupuncture in mostly for painrelief.
        > what they say there is that it releases endorphins.
        > My question is,
        > is the mechanism known how acupuncture works on the tissue and molecular level known?
        > Is the mechanism the same for acupressure, when you press the points instead of nails.
        > Hope someone will answer
        > thanks

        Check out:
        http://www.Acupuncture.com/Acup/Mech.htm

        Keep in mind that everything that we do has a cellular mechanism
        associated with it, but in the Chinese medical paradigm, we think of
        that as simply the body's physical response to the treatment of moving
        the Qi energy.

        Where there is a stagnation of energy, there is pain. We move the
        energy, the pain goes away. Neurology cannot always explain that.

        --
        Al Stone L.Ac.
        <Allstone@...>

        Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.