?acupuncture and palmar hyperhidrosis

  • gwilmoth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2002
      My daughter is 7 years old and has a severe case of palmar
      hyperhidrosis (sweaty palms). I am looking for treatments for this
      but some of the possible side effects are worse than the problem.
      Does anyone have any experience with treating this and does
      acupuncture work for this problem.

      Desperate in search of answers.

      Gerald
    • bobbiaqua@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
        Hi Gerald,

        I am not specifically aware of this particular condition, however, in
        Oriental Medicine we do not treat the disease (dis-order) but the whole
        person. I would suggest you find or ask for a referral in your area to an
        Oriental Medicine practionier (acupuncturist - herbalist) and have your
        daughters pulses read and a full evaluation done to see what is at the bottom
        of this condition. I have found that acupuncture (when required) herbal
        medicine and homeopathy plus other safe and non invasive modalities will
        usually help or clear any condition if you are will to invest the time and
        resources to do so. Whatever, non of these modalities have any negative side
        effects and at seven years of age your daughter's potential for damage from
        pharmaceutical drugs and their sometimes unknown long term effects would not
        be a great choice especially as she is still growing and this is not a life
        threatening dis-ease.

        Feel free to write back.

        Sincerely,

        Bobbi Aqua, Lic. Ac.