Re: Acupuncture for tendonitis?

  • xoobee_2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2002
      Sorry I didn't give enough info first, I'm unused to this topic...
      The pain is in my wrist, supposedly from using the computer too much,
      over several years. When it's most painful it's very difficult/near
      impossible to hold a pen to write and such things as cutlery...
      Advil and other such over the counter things haven't worked. I take
      medication for other stuff and I'm kind of sick of pills...they tend
      to make me dopey anyhow. The only usual pill I've tried that worked
      was Tylenol 3 with codeine, which knocks me out completely.:/
      I bought a sort of homeopathic remedy for an unrelated problem that
      seems to work a bit but only for a very short time. It's
      called 'Hylands Homeopathic Arthritis Pain Formula'.
      I would appreciate any helpful/useful info...Thanx.
    • sonia andara
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2002
        pure karm <karmpure@...> wrote:
        Yes it does pretty good and You could use, too, intradermical needles and moxibustion as additional treatment. Excuse me if my english isn't good so I'm learning a litle bit every week.

        Good Luck to you.

        xoobee_2000 <xoobee@...> wrote:
        Hi. Does anyone know if acupuncture can work for tendonitis and if
        so does anyone know where I can get a picture of the location of the
        pressure point or whatever its called... I've just been told I have
        this and meds are NOT working...grrr.:/ Very painful.
        Thanx.
        Although I believe Acupuncture can help, I would def. use it in conjunction with Chinese herbs to get the maximal therepudic results.

        Good luck

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2002
          Your this case first choice is acupuncture treatment. To find an
          acupuncturist who has experience for it (Tuina and local tendon treatment +
          moxa).

          Good Luck!

          Judy

        • bobbiaqua@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2002
            In a message dated 5/1/02 10:21:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            xoobee@... writes:

            > The pain is in my wrist, supposedly from using the computer too much,

            Repetitive stress injury like this is very common and responds well to
            acupuncture. If you bend your wrist back and tap where PC6 is or thereabouts
            you will find out if it is technically Carpal Tunnel or not -- if it hurts
            then it is. I don't actually think it makes a difference but though I'd share
            it. It is probably coming from your neck and you will need to release it
            beginning with BL10 - Bl10 1/2 etc. across SI channel LI 15 and LI11 and the
            wrist points LI5 - SI 4 - TH 4 and I would use LI2 -- TH3 -- SI3/2 and bleed
            the Jing-well points for SI, LI, and TH. Also I would Plum Blossom at PC6 and
            possible at the Yang Luo Pts LI 6/TH5/SI7. Also it might be useful to Plum
            Blossom and possibly cup LI51 and sometimes TH14. Some of this will depend on
            where the pain and how tight the neck and rotator cuff (including the part
            that goes along the upper back above the scapula is). Vit B6 at 250mg. is
            also recommended for Carp. Tunnel. Also I have found that people who have
            repetitive stress injury are burnt out about the work they are doing and have
            anger and resentment issues which must be dealt with. In my experience the
            emotional piece in these cases is greater than the physical one. They need to
            get excited about what their life and future is about including their work.
            You Must release the neck. Massage generally helps as does White Flower Oil.
            Let me know if there are other questions and I hope this helps.

            Love,

            Bobbi