Volunteers Needed for World Farm Animals Day

  • campaigns@farmusa.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2009
      Join caring people around the globe to provide a much-needed voice for animals raised for food!

      World Farm Animals Day (www.wfad.org) takes place on or around October 2nd. It is a day dedicated to exposing, mourning, and memorializing the needless suffering and slaughter of the more than 55 billion cows, pigs, turkeys, chickens, and other sentient animals brutalized and killed in the world's factory farms and slaughterhouses.

      We are looking for volunteers to organize activities locally. Activities range from creative, attention-grabbing events to simple outreach: vigils, memorial services, funeral marches, cage-ins, die-ins, video screenings, information tables, exhibits, leafleting and more.

      We’ll send you free display materials, handouts, and more… just let us know your plans.

      You can also help us spread the word online by exchanging web banners and adding us as a friend on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.

      Visit www.WFAD.org/actioncenter for details.

      Thanks for caring,
      Jen Riley, Program Director
      Jen@...

      P.S. If you missed the Animal Rights 2009 National Conference, check out the report with photos at www.ARConference.org

      World Farm Animals Day is a campaign of FARM (Farm Animal Rights Movement), a non-profit advocacy organization promoting plant-based (vegan) diets to save animals, reduce global warming, conserve environmental resources, and improve public health. www.farmusa.org