Quote from the President-Elect

  • Bill Schramm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      I received this quote at the end of an email from an animal rights activist.

      "I think how we treat our animals reflects how we treat each other, and it’s very important that we have a president who is mindful of the cruelty that is perpetrated on animals.”" - President Elect Barack Obama -

      This was supposed to be optimistic, because of course GW Bush wasn't really mindful of much of anything, but think about it. What does this statement mean from the mouth of a voracious carnivore? (It seems from the articles I read all of his favorite dishes are full of carcasses)

      What does it mean if you are "mindful" of the cruelty that is perpetrated on animals, but do it anyway because they taste good? If the way he treats animals reflects the way he treats his fellow Americans who elected him...

      Bill Schramm