Wegman's to sell Egg Farm

  • Cheryl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      What's your take on this? Looks to me like they are just washing their
      hands of something that has become bad publicity to them sooner than
      switch to a cage free system or my ultimate, not selling eggs at all.
      The farm will still be there and so will the suffering. I also don't
      believe that they were not actively looking for a buyer. I think they
      wanted out from under the bad press and they saw that CC and ARAUNY
      and others were not going to go away, and they weren't going to the
      expense of doing away with a cage system. Jo Natale and Wegman's would
      sooner choke than admit Demonstraters brought this about, but from
      people I know who work there, the bad press from the weekly demo's wax
      mentioned more than once.
      Just my opinion of course. What do others think?