The Misleading "Animal Care Certified" Logo is Going, Going…Gone!

  • Virgil
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      The Misleading "Animal Care Certified" Logo is Going, Going…Gone!

      March 31, 2006, marks the last day the egg industry could advertise
      this deceptive logo

      Last fall, (http://ca.cok.net/cgi-local/dada/mail.cgi?
      flavor=archive&id=20051004082330&list=ca) we told you that the
      Federal Trade Commission announced that as of April 1, 2006, the
      United Egg Producers' misleading "Animal Care Certified" logo will be
      gone from egg cartons on store shelves nationwide. This landmark
      victory came two years after Compassion Over Killing launched our
      campaign to put an end the egg industry's national public relations
      scam that misled consumers concerned about animal cruelty. Consumers
      should now expect to find an alternative logo reading "United Egg
      Producers Certified."

      Read our victory announcement and campaign timeline to learn more
      about our efforts. (http://www.cok.net/camp/acc/)

      Look for the logo! If you find egg cartons bearing the "Animal Care
      Certified" logo still being sold in stores or see the logo advertised
      in newspapers or magazines, please contact COK immediately by email
      (info @ cok.net) or call 301-891-2458.

      ------------------------------
      COK Launches New Website: EggIndustry.com

      The decision to remove the deceptive "Animal Care Certified" logo
      from egg cartons nationwide is a step in the right direction for the
      egg industry. The guidelines set forth by the United Egg Producers,
      however, still allow for routine animal cruelty that includes
      intensively confining hens in wire cages so small, they cannot spread
      their wings.

      In our ongoing efforts to pressure the industry to eliminate these
      abuses, we've launched a new website, EggIndustry.com, to expose the
      hard-boiled truth about modern egg production. This new online
      resource offers a photo gallery and video room revealing the
      conditions for hens inside battery cage egg facilities, expert
      opinions explaining the inherent cruelty of battery cages, a list of
      ways you can help egg-laying hens, and much more.

      Visit EggIndustry.com today!