WARNING: Trading Spouses PLEASE READ

  • Julie I. Rothman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      Message forwarded from an animal advocacy group:

      --
      I just wanted to warn everyone that this show [Trading
      Spouses] can be very cruel. My good friend (name deleted by request - Virgil)and her happy family recently appeared on it, and they did

      I hope no one is wasting their time watching this sort of
      trash, as it's definitely not "reality". And I wouldn't
      trust them to show your happy vegan, a-r family as you are.
      --

      My note: Not surprising considering the way Trading Spouses
      has portrayed animal rights activists in the past. Please
      forward to other animal rights activists.
      -----------------
      And my (Virgil's) note as well: I don't watch this kind of trash,
      either, and I agree that this is NOT "reality" at ALL. However,
      I don't believe it is my place to tell others what to watch in their
      own homes, so I allowed the original post, even thought I think that
      being on this show would be a horrible idea. Personally, I believe
      that ALL these so-called "reality" shows are mean-spirited, with
      most of the "contestants" coming away feeling horrible and humiliated.
      A good many of them encourage animal abuse on top of everything else.
      That's NOT entertainment for us. Again, I won't dictate to anyone
      what to do in their own homes, or whether or not to participate in
      this show, but I would strongly recommend that you all listen to what
      this memeber here has to say about it. Pretty much what I thought
      FOX would do.

      Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I will try to catch up in the
      next few days, as I have been offline for awhile now. Long story...