Last weekend's Walk for Farm Animals

  • Virgil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      I'll be writing a post today and putting up some pics from the Walk
      on the photo page today, as well as in the group's album. Billye got
      some great photos, too, and I am sure she will add some of the best
      of them to that collection. It went great! We had a great turnout
      and many positive responses from the public. I only noticed two
      hecklers, but there were quite a few vehicles with honked with a
      thumbs-up to us as they went by. There were quite a few members of
      the public that took literature as well. What a wonderful thing to
      experience! We raised $1500 for Farm Sanctuary at the event, and I
      met some truly wonderful and interesting people from all different
      walks of life. Really a diverse and wonderful group of people, from
      cute little kids to gray-haired grandmothers. It's always such a
      motivating and energizing experience to get together with people like
      that. I'll cut this short, though, as I still have a lot of mail to
      catch up with (and I'll bwe writing this up on the blog, anyway), and
      I'll be posting the articles of interest that have come in while I
      was gone in a minute. I would love to hear from any other members
      that might have participated in some event for World Farmed Animals
      Day last weekend. Have a good one, everybody!

      Virgil

      "At the moment our human world is based on the suffering and
      destruction of millions of non-humans.
      To perceive this and to do something to change it in personal and
      public ways is to undergo a change of perception akin to a religious
      conversion. Nothing can ever be seen in quite the same way again
      because once you have admitted the terror and pain of other species
      you will, unless you resist conversion, be always aware of the
      endless permutations of suffering that support our society."
      --Arthur Conan Doyle

      "Be the change you want to see in the world."
      ----Gandhi