2922Volunteers Needed for World Farm Animals Day in October

  • Campaigns@FARM
    Aug 11, 2010
      Join caring people around the globe to provide a much-needed voice for
      animals raised for food!

      World Farm Animals Day takes place on or around October 2nd. It is a day
      dedicated to exposing, mourning, and memorializing the needless
      suffering and slaughter of the more than 58 billion cows, pigs, turkeys,
      chickens, and other sentient animals brutalized and killed in the
      world's farms and slaughterhouses.

      We are looking for volunteers to organize activities locally. Activities
      range from creative, attention-grabbing events to simple outreach:
      vigils, memorial services, funeral marches, cage-ins, die-ins, video
      screenings, information tables, exhibits, leafleting, and more.

      We’ll send you free display materials, handouts, DVDs, and more… just
      let us know your plans.

      You can also help us spread the word online by exchanging web banners
      and adding us as a friend on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.

      Visit www.WFAD.org/actioncenter to find out more.

      Thanks for caring,
      Michael A. Weber, Program Director

      P.S. If you missed the Animal Rights 2010 National Conference, check
      out the report with photos at www.ARConference.org

      World Farm Animals Day is a campaign of FARM (Farm Animal Rights
      Movement), a non-profit advocacy organization promoting vegan diets to
      save animals, reduce global warming, conserve environmental resources,
      and improve public health.