hellos & AAG planning

  • jennamloyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      Over the summer we chose a theme for our agg project at the San
      Francisco meeting, Dialectics of Life and Death. In a few days I'll
      send out something more detailed on planning for next year, but
      before that i thought it might be nice to hear from folks on the
      listserv about where you're at, what you're involved in
      academically, artistically, politically, etc. Because it is CFP
      season for the AAGs, it might also be a time to see if there are
      other folks who are interested in collaborating with you on a
      particular project.

      I would like to see this group and listserv be a place in which we
      can discuss issues of activist-academe more pointedly than we have
      in the past.

      So, I'll get the ball rolling. I've relocated to Syracuse
      University for a postdoc in their new Humanaties Center, and am also
      affiliated with the geography dept. My fellow postdocs are great
      and i am very happy about the strong sense of interdisciplinary
      collegiality at the school. This year I'll mainly be focusing on
      pedagogical strategies for classes on urban social justice, (of
      course publishing), and in my private life hopefully working on
      issues of equity in public education.

      All the best, -jenna
    • Andrew Burridge
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        Hi all,

        put out a call to see if anyone will be attending/is interested in attending the Foro Social Fronterizo, October 13-15 in
        Ciudad Juarez. It was decided last year at the World Social Forum that a specific forum regarding the border/s was
        required, so this year will be the first one. Info is here...

        http://forosocialfronterizo.blogspot.com/

        I hope everyone is well!
        Andrew