My top 10

  • sunjiro
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 14, 1999
      This place is dead but what the hell. I get to
      post last.<br><br>HardBoiled (Woo's
      best?)<br>DrunkenMaster 2 (Chan's Best. Period.)<br>Lethal Weapon 2 (best
      of the 4?)<br>Face-Off (Woo's best in the US)<br>The
      Rock (marines vs. navy seals-damn!!!)<br>The Killer
      (Woo's other best?)<br>Shogun Assassin (badass
      executioner)<br>You Only Live Twice (helicopter/volcano
      scenes!)<br>Aliens (Guns + aliens = whoop-ass!)<br>Temple of Doom
      (rollercoaster of action...)<br><br>Check out yahoo club "action
      films from Asia", thanks.
    • btrfly58
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 7, 1999
        Hey all, wuz up? I am new to this club. I love
        action movies (like I would be here if I didn't!!!), and
        I am right now doing a report on action movies for
        a class. If you want to help me answer this
        question: What is your favorite action movie(s), and tell
        me what makes them your favorite. Thanks, and I hope
        to hear from you soon!!! <br>Adrienne
      • TheUnhip1
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
          Wow! Activity! <br>Anyway to answer your question
          ... two of my favorites, well off the top of my head
          anyway, are John Woo's "The Keller" and the original "Die
          Hard." These two films, I guess while both falling under
          the blanket term of "action movies" go for different
          effects. <br>The reason that I initially liked "The
          Killer" was almost purely visceral. John Woo's
          "claim-to-fame" is the so-called "ballet of blood," and that is
          what I loved about "The Killer." I loved the sheer
          overkill and jaw-drop factor of watching guys jump around
          in slow motion with pistols in each fist, shooting
          each other far more than necessary. This was also, I
          guess, why I enjoyed Face-Off.
        • TheUnhip1
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
            Oops, didn't finish my last post.<br>Anyway, then
            you have the suspense-action movies like Die-Hard
            that usually place the heroes inside some sort of
            claustrophobic situation that they must find a way out of
            (usually with some sort of time limit involved like).
            Speed, Under Seige, and Air Force One come to mind. But
            the first one of these that I can remember, and I
            guess probably started the trend was the original Die
            Hard. I can't really explain why it is that I enjoyed
            this movie except to say that a good movie of this
            type is supposed to manipulate you. It's supposed to
            have you emotionally involved, on the edge of your
            seat, guessing what's going to happen next and calling
            for the bad guy's head. And whenever I watch this
            particular movie, it manipulates me over and over again.
          • btrfly58
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
              Okay, here is another question for ya: who is your all time favorite action star(s) and why?
            • orca_attack
              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 29, 1999
                Check out the new action forum at www.cinematopia.com. It's pretty cool. I think they still need moderators too.
              • Orion_678
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 11, 1999
                  Hi everyone! I just joined the club. My favorite kind of movies is of corse ACTION MOVIES!!!!!!. I love J.Chan movies and VanDamme movies the best. Whats your favorite?
                • jimbawimba
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 27, 2000
                    Has anyone here seen the Omega Code movie? There
                    is a great trailer at theomegacode.com. It has great
                    effects and end times plot. Video release is scheduled
                    for March 28th. Let me know what you think.
                  • leeann859
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 24, 2000
                      Doesn't anyone watch action movies and post????
                    • jimbawimba
                      Message 10 of 29 , Mar 28, 2000
                        FOr anyone interested, the Omega Code is out on
                        video. My brother has seen it at kmart and walmart, but
                        I'm sure that there are a complete list of stores at
                        their website: theomegacode.com.<br><br>Thanks
                      • leeann859
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 10, 2000
                          This is a fairly good movie. Alot better than most end of time movies. The acting is fairly good considering the limited budget. I would give this movie a 7/10.
                        • leeann859
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jun 11, 2000
                            No one posts anymore! Does no one watch action movies anymore!!!!
                          • lastactionhero2k
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 23, 2001
                              Hi i just joined the club and would like to say people still do watch action movies. Well i do anyway.
                            • gaga557
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 16, 2001
                                helo everyone do u know anysite like this one