Action Movies

  • cbadali2
    Message 1 of 29 , May 23, 1999
    • TheUnhip1
      Message 2 of 29 , May 27, 1999
      • sunjiro
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 14, 1999
          This place is dead but what the hell. I get to
          post last.<br><br>HardBoiled (Woo's
          best?)<br>DrunkenMaster 2 (Chan's Best. Period.)<br>Lethal Weapon 2 (best
          of the 4?)<br>Face-Off (Woo's best in the US)<br>The
          Rock (marines vs. navy seals-damn!!!)<br>The Killer
          (Woo's other best?)<br>Shogun Assassin (badass
          executioner)<br>You Only Live Twice (helicopter/volcano
          scenes!)<br>Aliens (Guns + aliens = whoop-ass!)<br>Temple of Doom
          (rollercoaster of action...)<br><br>Check out yahoo club "action
          films from Asia", thanks.
        • btrfly58
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 7, 1999
            Hey all, wuz up? I am new to this club. I love
            action movies (like I would be here if I didn't!!!), and
            I am right now doing a report on action movies for
            a class. If you want to help me answer this
            question: What is your favorite action movie(s), and tell
            me what makes them your favorite. Thanks, and I hope
            to hear from you soon!!! <br>Adrienne
          • TheUnhip1
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
              Wow! Activity! <br>Anyway to answer your question
              ... two of my favorites, well off the top of my head
              anyway, are John Woo's "The Keller" and the original "Die
              Hard." These two films, I guess while both falling under
              the blanket term of "action movies" go for different
              effects. <br>The reason that I initially liked "The
              Killer" was almost purely visceral. John Woo's
              "claim-to-fame" is the so-called "ballet of blood," and that is
              what I loved about "The Killer." I loved the sheer
              overkill and jaw-drop factor of watching guys jump around
              in slow motion with pistols in each fist, shooting
              each other far more than necessary. This was also, I
              guess, why I enjoyed Face-Off.
            • TheUnhip1
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
                Oops, didn't finish my last post.<br>Anyway, then
                you have the suspense-action movies like Die-Hard
                that usually place the heroes inside some sort of
                claustrophobic situation that they must find a way out of
                (usually with some sort of time limit involved like).
                Speed, Under Seige, and Air Force One come to mind. But
                the first one of these that I can remember, and I
                guess probably started the trend was the original Die
                Hard. I can't really explain why it is that I enjoyed
                this movie except to say that a good movie of this
                type is supposed to manipulate you. It's supposed to
                have you emotionally involved, on the edge of your
                seat, guessing what's going to happen next and calling
                for the bad guy's head. And whenever I watch this
                particular movie, it manipulates me over and over again.
              • btrfly58
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
                  Okay, here is another question for ya: who is your all time favorite action star(s) and why?
                • orca_attack
                  Message 8 of 29 , Aug 29, 1999
                    Check out the new action forum at www.cinematopia.com. It's pretty cool. I think they still need moderators too.
                  • Orion_678
                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 11, 1999
                      Hi everyone! I just joined the club. My favorite kind of movies is of corse ACTION MOVIES!!!!!!. I love J.Chan movies and VanDamme movies the best. Whats your favorite?
                    • jimbawimba
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 27, 2000
                        Has anyone here seen the Omega Code movie? There
                        is a great trailer at theomegacode.com. It has great
                        effects and end times plot. Video release is scheduled
                        for March 28th. Let me know what you think.
                      • leeann859
                        Message 11 of 29 , Mar 24 2:53 PM
                          Doesn't anyone watch action movies and post????
                        • jimbawimba
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 28 11:50 AM
                            FOr anyone interested, the Omega Code is out on
                            video. My brother has seen it at kmart and walmart, but
                            I'm sure that there are a complete list of stores at
                            their website: theomegacode.com.<br><br>Thanks
                          • leeann859
                            Message 13 of 29 , Apr 10, 2000
                              This is a fairly good movie. Alot better than most end of time movies. The acting is fairly good considering the limited budget. I would give this movie a 7/10.
                            • leeann859
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jun 11, 2000
                                No one posts anymore! Does no one watch action movies anymore!!!!
                              • lastactionhero2k
                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 23 4:45 PM
                                  Hi i just joined the club and would like to say people still do watch action movies. Well i do anyway.
                                • gaga557
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 16, 2001
                                    helo everyone do u know anysite like this one