Some time to think on fav action films

  • musicfanatic_69
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 17, 1999
    • cbadali2
      Message 2 of 29 , May 23, 1999
      • TheUnhip1
        Message 3 of 29 , May 27, 1999
        • sunjiro
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 14, 1999
            This place is dead but what the hell. I get to
            post last.<br><br>HardBoiled (Woo's
            best?)<br>DrunkenMaster 2 (Chan's Best. Period.)<br>Lethal Weapon 2 (best
            of the 4?)<br>Face-Off (Woo's best in the US)<br>The
            Rock (marines vs. navy seals-damn!!!)<br>The Killer
            (Woo's other best?)<br>Shogun Assassin (badass
            executioner)<br>You Only Live Twice (helicopter/volcano
            scenes!)<br>Aliens (Guns + aliens = whoop-ass!)<br>Temple of Doom
            (rollercoaster of action...)<br><br>Check out yahoo club "action
            films from Asia", thanks.
          • btrfly58
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 7, 1999
              Hey all, wuz up? I am new to this club. I love
              action movies (like I would be here if I didn't!!!), and
              I am right now doing a report on action movies for
              a class. If you want to help me answer this
              question: What is your favorite action movie(s), and tell
              me what makes them your favorite. Thanks, and I hope
              to hear from you soon!!! <br>Adrienne
            • TheUnhip1
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
                Wow! Activity! <br>Anyway to answer your question
                ... two of my favorites, well off the top of my head
                anyway, are John Woo's "The Keller" and the original "Die
                Hard." These two films, I guess while both falling under
                the blanket term of "action movies" go for different
                effects. <br>The reason that I initially liked "The
                Killer" was almost purely visceral. John Woo's
                "claim-to-fame" is the so-called "ballet of blood," and that is
                what I loved about "The Killer." I loved the sheer
                overkill and jaw-drop factor of watching guys jump around
                in slow motion with pistols in each fist, shooting
                each other far more than necessary. This was also, I
                guess, why I enjoyed Face-Off.
              • TheUnhip1
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
                  Oops, didn't finish my last post.<br>Anyway, then
                  you have the suspense-action movies like Die-Hard
                  that usually place the heroes inside some sort of
                  claustrophobic situation that they must find a way out of
                  (usually with some sort of time limit involved like).
                  Speed, Under Seige, and Air Force One come to mind. But
                  the first one of these that I can remember, and I
                  guess probably started the trend was the original Die
                  Hard. I can't really explain why it is that I enjoyed
                  this movie except to say that a good movie of this
                  type is supposed to manipulate you. It's supposed to
                  have you emotionally involved, on the edge of your
                  seat, guessing what's going to happen next and calling
                  for the bad guy's head. And whenever I watch this
                  particular movie, it manipulates me over and over again.
                • btrfly58
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 8, 1999
                    Okay, here is another question for ya: who is your all time favorite action star(s) and why?
                  • orca_attack
                    Message 9 of 29 , Aug 29, 1999
                      Check out the new action forum at www.cinematopia.com. It's pretty cool. I think they still need moderators too.
                    • Orion_678
                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 11, 1999
                        Hi everyone! I just joined the club. My favorite kind of movies is of corse ACTION MOVIES!!!!!!. I love J.Chan movies and VanDamme movies the best. Whats your favorite?
                      • jimbawimba
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 27, 2000
                          Has anyone here seen the Omega Code movie? There
                          is a great trailer at theomegacode.com. It has great
                          effects and end times plot. Video release is scheduled
                          for March 28th. Let me know what you think.
                        • leeann859
                          Message 12 of 29 , Mar 24, 2000
                            Doesn't anyone watch action movies and post????
                          • jimbawimba
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 28, 2000
                              FOr anyone interested, the Omega Code is out on
                              video. My brother has seen it at kmart and walmart, but
                              I'm sure that there are a complete list of stores at
                              their website: theomegacode.com.<br><br>Thanks
                            • leeann859
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 10, 2000
                                This is a fairly good movie. Alot better than most end of time movies. The acting is fairly good considering the limited budget. I would give this movie a 7/10.
                              • leeann859
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jun 11, 2000
                                  No one posts anymore! Does no one watch action movies anymore!!!!
                                • lastactionhero2k
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 23, 2001
                                    Hi i just joined the club and would like to say people still do watch action movies. Well i do anyway.
                                  • gaga557
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 16, 2001
                                      helo everyone do u know anysite like this one