Action Movies

  • bmarkc
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 21, 1998
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Action Movies community.
    • A_Rip_N_Time
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 25, 1998
      • bmarkc
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 26, 1998
        • cbadali2
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 13, 1998
          • Muad_Dib_27
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 15, 1998
            • cbadali2
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 16, 1998
              • cbadali2
                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 16, 1998
                • Muad_Dib_27
                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 21, 1998
                  • TheUnhip1
                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 4, 1998
                    • Muad_Dib_27
                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 10, 1998
                      • TheUnhip1
                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 10, 1998
                        • cbadali2
                          Message 12 of 29 , Dec 14, 1998
                          • musicfanatic_69
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 17, 1999
                            • cbadali2
                              Message 14 of 29 , May 23, 1999
                              • TheUnhip1
                                Message 15 of 29 , May 27, 1999
                                • sunjiro
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jun 14, 1999
                                    This place is dead but what the hell. I get to
                                    post last.<br><br>HardBoiled (Woo's
                                    best?)<br>DrunkenMaster 2 (Chan's Best. Period.)<br>Lethal Weapon 2 (best
                                    of the 4?)<br>Face-Off (Woo's best in the US)<br>The
                                    Rock (marines vs. navy seals-damn!!!)<br>The Killer
                                    (Woo's other best?)<br>Shogun Assassin (badass
                                    executioner)<br>You Only Live Twice (helicopter/volcano
                                    scenes!)<br>Aliens (Guns + aliens = whoop-ass!)<br>Temple of Doom
                                    (rollercoaster of action...)<br><br>Check out yahoo club "action
                                    films from Asia", thanks.
                                  • btrfly58
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 7 12:28 PM
                                      Hey all, wuz up? I am new to this club. I love
                                      action movies (like I would be here if I didn't!!!), and
                                      I am right now doing a report on action movies for
                                      a class. If you want to help me answer this
                                      question: What is your favorite action movie(s), and tell
                                      me what makes them your favorite. Thanks, and I hope
                                      to hear from you soon!!! <br>Adrienne
                                    • TheUnhip1
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 8 4:02 AM
                                        Wow! Activity! <br>Anyway to answer your question
                                        ... two of my favorites, well off the top of my head
                                        anyway, are John Woo's "The Keller" and the original "Die
                                        Hard." These two films, I guess while both falling under
                                        the blanket term of "action movies" go for different
                                        effects. <br>The reason that I initially liked "The
                                        Killer" was almost purely visceral. John Woo's
                                        "claim-to-fame" is the so-called "ballet of blood," and that is
                                        what I loved about "The Killer." I loved the sheer
                                        overkill and jaw-drop factor of watching guys jump around
                                        in slow motion with pistols in each fist, shooting
                                        each other far more than necessary. This was also, I
                                        guess, why I enjoyed Face-Off.
                                      • TheUnhip1
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 8 4:16 AM
                                          Oops, didn't finish my last post.<br>Anyway, then
                                          you have the suspense-action movies like Die-Hard
                                          that usually place the heroes inside some sort of
                                          claustrophobic situation that they must find a way out of
                                          (usually with some sort of time limit involved like).
                                          Speed, Under Seige, and Air Force One come to mind. But
                                          the first one of these that I can remember, and I
                                          guess probably started the trend was the original Die
                                          Hard. I can't really explain why it is that I enjoyed
                                          this movie except to say that a good movie of this
                                          type is supposed to manipulate you. It's supposed to
                                          have you emotionally involved, on the edge of your
                                          seat, guessing what's going to happen next and calling
                                          for the bad guy's head. And whenever I watch this
                                          particular movie, it manipulates me over and over again.
                                        • btrfly58
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 8 5:06 PM
                                            Okay, here is another question for ya: who is your all time favorite action star(s) and why?
                                          • orca_attack
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Aug 29, 1999
                                              Check out the new action forum at www.cinematopia.com. It's pretty cool. I think they still need moderators too.
                                            • Orion_678
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Dec 11, 1999
                                                Hi everyone! I just joined the club. My favorite kind of movies is of corse ACTION MOVIES!!!!!!. I love J.Chan movies and VanDamme movies the best. Whats your favorite?
                                              • jimbawimba
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 27, 2000
                                                  Has anyone here seen the Omega Code movie? There
                                                  is a great trailer at theomegacode.com. It has great
                                                  effects and end times plot. Video release is scheduled
                                                  for March 28th. Let me know what you think.
                                                • leeann859
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Mar 24, 2000
                                                    Doesn't anyone watch action movies and post????
                                                  • jimbawimba
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Mar 28, 2000
                                                      FOr anyone interested, the Omega Code is out on
                                                      video. My brother has seen it at kmart and walmart, but
                                                      I'm sure that there are a complete list of stores at
                                                      their website: theomegacode.com.<br><br>Thanks
                                                    • leeann859
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Apr 10, 2000
                                                        This is a fairly good movie. Alot better than most end of time movies. The acting is fairly good considering the limited budget. I would give this movie a 7/10.
                                                      • leeann859
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jun 11, 2000
                                                          No one posts anymore! Does no one watch action movies anymore!!!!
                                                        • lastactionhero2k
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Mar 23, 2001
                                                            Hi i just joined the club and would like to say people still do watch action movies. Well i do anyway.
                                                          • gaga557
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Jul 16 1:02 AM
                                                              helo everyone do u know anysite like this one