519Re: [actapricot] FP512 Disk Images

  • Robert Tillyard
    Dec 1, 2013
      Would they be the same disks as the Apricot PC that had 2 315k drives? I have the disks in the garage and might have DOS 2.11.

      Regards, Rob.

      On 30 Nov 2013, at 23:56, <ballsandy@...> <ballsandy@...> wrote:

      Contrary to how nicely Sony's floppy mechanism lifts the head when not in use, mine decided to lose its mind and drop the head while I was in the bathroom. When I came back the disk had a nice and perfect groove where the head had worn the oxide off the disk. Still boots and is still somewhat useable however it's damaged the GEM portion and I can't get to a desktop environment anymore.
      Now, I DID make images of my disks for this exact reason (and to help someone else out SO I KNOW MY IMAGES ARE ON THE NET SOMEWHERE) however I lost my local copies (and yoo-hoo that I gave the iamges to has since vanished form all existance) and I'm kind of screwed now. I did find the UK version which seems to crash the machine with a video problem. Does anyone have their own copies of the FP512's DOS 2.11 DISK ONE?

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic