509Updated Apricot GEM drivers
- Mar 3, 2012One of my other retrocomputing activities involves the GEM GUI. I've recently disassembled various drivers for the F-Series machines (Portable and F1), and combined them with the published GEM/3 source tree to create updated versions that should work with GEM/3.
They also have the following changes, compared to the Apricot ones I started with:
* Automatic resolution detection: 640x256 versus 640x200.
* Fixes for the rendering bugs I mention at the bottom of < http://www.seasip.info/Gem/History/apricot.html >.
* Created a 16-colour driver for the Portable, based on the existing 8-colour driver.
* Support for multiple codepages (when run under MSDOS 3).
The new drivers can be downloaded from < http://www.seasip.info/Gem/drivers3.html >. Disassembled source for the originals is at < http://www.seasip.info/Gem/drivers0.html >.
The driver pack also includes my experimental GEM/3 driver for the Apricot PC / Xi.
- Next post in topic >>