      Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [actapricot] Re: qdae 0.0.6 released

      I totally agree. I don’t even like using disk images other than for archive purposes!

      However, the solid-state approach could help Jerome who has a corrupted Winchester and a dead FDD.

      I’d be interested to hear what things you tried around 10 years ago when attempting to repair the heads? Did you try just taking heads from a more modern drive?