3 Career Opportunities (Detention Deputy, Driver's License, Jail Technician)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2005

      Detention Deputy:  We are currently establishing an eligibility list for the position of Deputy I (Detention Officer).  High caliber applicants interested in becoming a Deputy with the Sheriff’s Office, Jail & Court Services Bureau, must have high integrity, strong communication skills, and sound judgment under pressure.  Incumbents will perform general duty jail work in the caring for and maintaining custody of inmates and in providing security for the Ada County Jail.

      Applicants must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma/ equivalent.  This position works 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours per shift, either day or night shifts.   Shifts are 7:00am 7:00pm or 7:00pm 7:00am .  The salary range is $14.05 to $14.60 per hour, depending on experience, with annual step increases (up to $24.24/hr after 4 years).  This position closes November 4 at 5:00pm .

      Please note that if selected to test there may be a testing fee of $25.  Testing will occur November 10 and November 12.  Once application is submitted, invitations will be sent with exact testing time and location.

      Driver’s License Clerk:  This is a full time position located in the Driver’s License section of the Ada County Sheriff’s Office.  Duties include: process drivers license applications, administer and grade exams, take photographs for general and commercial driver’s licenses, and perform related duties as required.  Interested applicants should have exceptional customer service skills, be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.  Hours are 8-5pm, Monday – Friday.  Hiring salary is $11.00-11.50 per hour, DOE.  This position closes on October 21.

      Part Time Jail Technician (Volunteer Program):  This is a part time position located in the Community Resources Division, working 19.5 hours per week.  Primary responsibility is to coordinate the volunteer program for recruitment and utilization of volunteer services for the Ada County Jail.  Must be at least 19 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED.  Hours are flexible.  Hiring salary is $12.25-$12.85 per hour.   This position closes October 26.

      Please visit www.adasheriff.org/jobs for full job descriptions and applications.  Thank you for your interest in the Ada County Sheriff's Office!

      208.577.3557