Dispatcher & Detention Deputy now open!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2005

      Dispatcher:  Our Communication Center needs YOU to join our team in making a difference.  Incumbents will operate telephone & radio equipment to receive & transmit incoming & outgoing emergency calls to the Police, Fire & Emergency services.  Ideal candidates must have sharp, practiced skills in oral, listening, and written communications areas; be multi-task oriented and able to work in a high stress environment.

      Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to work any shift assigned.  Shifts are 10 hours, 4 days per week.  Hiring salary is $12.12 per hour for the first year of employment, with annual step increases.  Closes June 10.

      Detention Deputy:  We are currently establishing an eligibility list for the position of Deputy I (Detention Officer).  High caliber applicants interested in becoming a Deputy with the Sheriff’s Office, Security Services Division, must have high integrity, strong communication skills, and sound judgment under pressure.  Incumbents will perform general duty jail work in the caring for and maintaining custody of inmates and in providing security for the Ada County Jail.

      Applicants must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma/ equivalent.  This position works 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours per shift, either day or night shifts.   Shifts are 7:00am – 7:00pm or 7:00pm – 7:00am.  The salary range is $12.70 to $13.51 per hour, depending on education and POST certification.  Closes June 10.

      Visit www.adasheriff.org for job descriptions, applications and the hiring process.  Thank you for your continued interest in the Ada County Sheriff’s Office employment!

      208.577.3557