Counselor and Dispatcher positions available!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2005

      Drug/Alcohol Counselor:

      This full time position performs substance abuse treatment & rehabilitative services for inmates within the Ada County Jail.  Qualified applicants must have bachelor level education in a related field (Psychology, Social Science, Criminal Justice or Sociology) with credentials in chemical dependency (CADC).  Hiring salary is $16-$16.55/hour, DOE.  Work hours are Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm

      Dispatcher:

      Our Communication Center needs YOU to join our team in making a difference.  Incumbents will operate telephone & radio equipment to receive & transmit incoming & outgoing emergency calls to the Police, Fire & Emergency services.  Ideal candidates must have sharp, practiced skills in oral, listening, and written communications areas; be multi-task oriented and able to work in a high stress environment.  Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to work any shift assigned.  Hiring salary is $12.12 per hour for the first year of employment, with annual step increases.

      Both positions close on April 8, 2005.  To view the complete job descriptions and application, please visit www.adasheriff.org.  Thanks for your continued interest in the Ada County Sheriff’s Office!

      208.321.2858

      Job Line 377.6707

      www.adasheriff.org