Become a Patrol Deputy!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2005

      We are currently accepting applications for the position of Patrol Deputy in the Field Services Division until February 23rd.  General duties include: to patrol designated areas; determine if crime has been committed; enforce laws; write citations; investigate traffic accidents; make arrests; and transport arrestees.

      Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have 64 semester credits or an Associates degree from an accredited college or university; OR 2 years prior full time experience in law enforcement with a recognized public safety agency as a commissioned or licensed law enforcement officer; OR have served 4 years consecutive, full time military service.

      Additionally, applicants must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license (by the date of hire) and be a US citizen.  Successful candidates must have skill & ability to peacefully resolve conflicts; memorize large amounts of information relating to policies; carry a firearm; understand & interpret Idaho criminal laws; and knowledge of first-aid and CPR techniques would be helpful.

      The salary range for this position is $13.56- $14.42/ hour, depending on experience, with annual step increases.

      Visit www.adasheriff.org for the job description, benefits summary, pay plan and applications.

      Applications must be received by 5:00pm on February 23rd to 7200 Barrister Drive, Boise, in order to be considered.  No postmarked applications will be accepted.  Testing and interviewing will occur immediately after the closing date.  There is a $25 testing fee if selected to test.

      208.321.2858

      Job Line 377.6707

      www.adasheriff.org