Detention Officer in now open!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004

      We are pleased to announce that the position of Deputy/Detention Officer has been opened until October 27th.

      We are currently establishing an eligibility list for the position of Deputy I (Detention Officer).  High caliber applicants interested in becoming a Deputy with the Sheriff’s Office, Security Services Division, must have high integrity, strong communication skills, and sound judgment under pressure.  Incumbents will perform general duty jail work in the caring for and maintaining custody of inmates and in providing security for the Ada County Jail.

      Applicants must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma/ equivalent.  This position works 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours per shift, either day or night shifts.   Shifts are 7:00am – 7:00pm or 7:00pm – 7:00am.  The salary range is $12.70 to $13.51 per hour, depending on education and POST certification.

      Visit www.adasheriff.org for job descriptions, applications and the hiring process.  Thank you for your continued interest in the Ada County Sheriff’s Office employment!

      208.321.2858

      Job Line 377.6707

      www.adasheriff.org